Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,841  
Why's the loader in the air?
To avoid hitting fences while mowing. I normally drop the bucket, but hadn't this time. Mowing with the bucket down can act as a push bar tor heavier stuff. But with grass this time of year it just kicks up dust, seeds & stuff so that it's already airborne by the time the radiator gets there. I hear the loader is easy to get on & off in 5 minutes or so. But I'll have had the L4060 for 5 years in December & the previous L3200 for 4 years. Never had either loader off once.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,842  
To avoid hitting fences while mowing. I normally drop the bucket, but hadn't this time. Mowing with the bucket down can act as a push bar tor heavier stuff. But with grass this time of year it just kicks up dust, seeds & stuff so that it's already airborne by the time the radiator gets there. I hear the loader is easy to get on & off in 5 minutes or so. But I'll have had the L4060 for 5 years in December & the previous L3200 for 4 years. Never had either loader off once.
Ahh, I see. Was thinking there was something I couldn't see in the pic.. I dont remove the loader but do remove the bucket/grapple when I mow. Makes for a smoother, quieter, ride.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,843  

Do yourself a big favor and spend 5 minutes removing it. It cuts your turning radius in half. And it rides smoother and the visibility is better.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,844  
"Take the keys out and put them in your pocket."
That brings an, "I'm an idiot" story to mind.
I had an S-10 that I put a remote start in, there was no place to put the hood switch that prevents it starting via remote when the hood is up so, living by myself, I said screw it, since I'm the only one driving it I won't worry about it.
Fast forward a couple of months, I've got the truck up on the ramps doing an oil change, oils dripping out and I'm under the truck in the process of taking the filter off and I hear a 'click' from in the cab or under the hood somewhere. Next thing I know the truck starts with no oil in it and me under it. I scramble up and shut the thing off by hitting the brake pedal thinking WTH just happened.
Something I never do, I did this time, I put the keys in my pocket and I must have pushed on the start button somehow when I was twisting around to get the filter off....lesson learned.........Mike

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,845  
That brings an, "I'm an idiot" story to mind.
I had an S-10 that I put a remote start in, there was no place to put the hood switch that prevents it starting via remote when the hood is up so, living by myself, I said screw it, since I'm the only one driving it I won't worry about it.
Fast forward a couple of months, I've got the truck up on the ramps doing an oil change, oils dripping out and I'm under the truck in the process of taking the filter off and I hear a 'click' from in the cab or under the hood somewhere. Next thing I know the truck starts with no oil in it and me under it. I scramble up and shut the thing off by hitting the brake pedal thinking WTH just happened.
Something I never do, I did this time, I put the keys in my pocket and I must have pushed on the start button somehow when I was twisting around to get the filter off....lesson learned.........Mike
LOl - I bet that got your heart beating!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,846  
Those rooftop bike racks always looked like an accident waiting to happen.
My wife used to work for a bicycle manufacturer called Kline bicycle, and she tells of a time one of their sales people was taking brand new model bicycles to be shown at some big deal bike show in California, i think it was. He pulled into the motel and plowed into the over head and mushed the bicycles. Kline bicycle is long gone, but at one time they made some of the top end bikes on the market. One of their claims to fame was being in the Seinfeld show, it hung on the wall, in Jerry's apartment.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,847  
My wife used to work for a bicycle manufacturer called Kline bicycle, and she tells of a time one of their sales people was taking brand new model bicycles to be shown at some big deal bike show in California, i think it was. He pulled into the motel and plowed into the over head and mushed the bicycles. Kline bicycle is long gone, but at one time they made some of the top end bikes on the market. One of their claims to fame was being in the Seinfeld show, it hung on the wall, in Jerry's apartment.
Been by the old plant in Napavine a number of times. No bikes now.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,849  
Mine is about 28 years old and I still love that bike. It is a green metallic Quantum with Ultegra STI.