Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,341  
I take my semi day cab through the drive-thru all the time. No problem.
I threaten if they don't get my order right I'll come back with the 53' trailer on it :)

Girl at the window says it freaks the other customers out (they comment to her), and I've seen someone stop on the street to
take a picture.

I didn't think it was a big deal. It fits, it's 2am, and I wanted coffee !
I use to take my 50' wedge trailer through the Wendy's drive through, was the only one I could fit through. Other customers weren't happy as they couldn't order until I was gone lol. I also use to take the loaded rollback through, but that wasn't as impressive, still held up the other drive through customers until I got my order.......

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,342  
Must be different down here, all the drive throughs seem to have a 9'9" 1/4 overhang so your receipt doesn't get wet in the rain.

Most semi tractors unless they have a wind breaker on the cab will fit in that 9.9 gap.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,343  
We are on vacation and went to Wendy's a couple days ago Lagrand OR. The lobby was closed. The drive thru looked big enough for a 30 foot RV trailer and my truck. No overhang so I went through. Of course you had to stay out a ways at the window and get out so the trailer would clear where the window area sticks out. As we came around I saw someone didn't think that part through. I mentioned it to the girl at the window and she said that was exactly what happened. She said it makes them nervous when trailers come through. The thing is it's the only drive thru in town a trailer could get through. So of course someone was going to do it. But they are not allowed to let anyone in. We went to Carl's JR in Idaho the next day. It had an overhang so no trailer through it. But Idaho is a free state so the dining room was open. But otherwise I would have just unhooked the trailer in the parking lot and went through with just the truck.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,344  
Those must be some very large places. Around here, I can barely get my GMC 4-Door pickup through the drives without scuffing a tire or two. The drives are narrow, have curbs and sharp corners. There's no way you'd get a trailer through there without taking out parts of the building. o_O

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,345  
Those must be some very large places. Around here, I can barely get my GMC 4-Door pickup through the drives without scuffing a tire or two. The drives are narrow, have curbs and sharp corners. There's no way you'd get a trailer through there without taking out parts of the building. o_O
There like that where I live as well. This one is only a little tight behind the building. Around the corners you can go wide into the lot. The lot is empty because the doors are locked. It would be different if the lot was full. But I could walk in then.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,346  
It's the same way here. Then to pull away from the drive thru you need to wait for everybody exiting the parking lot after dining in.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,347  
have a couple drive thru's in my area that my Ram 1500 regular cab 8'bed is tight getting through.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,348  
This isn't technically "wrong" since it was designed for the application, but it sure seems weird! (you will need to click "Watch on YouTube"):

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,349  
Wonder how much clearance between the rear wheel and the fender while towing :cool:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,350  
There's no way you'd get a trailer through there without taking out parts of the building. o_O
An intelligent, mature, responsible adult wouldn't take a trailer or oversize vehicle to a drive through to begin with.