Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,531  
First is to fast by the time the clutch grabs and the truck moves. With a manual you can actually move the trailor by inches.

One problem I have is you cannot (computer issues) press the gas and the brake at the same time with out issues.
They did that a few years back. There were a few I think it was Toyotas that crashed. Some jammed floor mats, some stupid operators jamming the brake & gas at the same time unable to stop. So most modern vehicles cut the throttle if the brakes are applied, no matter what the throttle is doing. Problematic in a few cases, but generally a decent safety decision, not unlike seatbelts.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,532  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,533  
Looks like a receiver hitch to me in the first picture:
IMG_2550.jpg

Did the trailer tongue break?
IMG_2549.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,534  
Looks like a receiver hitch to me in the first picture:
View attachment 714858

Did the trailer tongue break?
View attachment 714860
Maybe one of these? That would also push the hitch back giving the weight more leverage to break the truck, sort of make sense.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,535  
Maybe one of these? That would also push the hitch back giving the weight more leverage to break the truck, sort of make sense.
The first part of that link is sufficient to get there, the rest of it describes how you searched.
https://www.amazon.com/CURT-45794-Raised-Receiver-Adapter/dp/B004C6S1LS

This part is really strange! "About this item... Rated for 350 lbs. TW (not designed for towing"
What the heck would you use it for then?

That does sound right, that an extended receiver added leverage to break the truck frame.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,536  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,537  
My loading story... on one of several short term landscaping jobs I had in my younger days, I was sent out to load a yard of mulch onto a customer's trailer. They had one of those little Northern Tool trailers that you buy and bolt together but that wasn't the problem; the loader I was sent out to use had absolutely no brakes. I filled the bucket, raised it, and had them back the trailer underneath it. This enabled me to slowly dump it in rather than running it over because I couldn't stop. :eek:

I worked for 4 or 5 different landscaping companies when I needed to fill in some time, and never felt that safety was a concern on any of them.
This is the only way to load a trailer. Pick up the load and they back underneath it. I've seen too many disasters.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,538  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,539  
I can hear the Eddie Rabbit song being re-written now,

"Ooo, I'm grinding my bike away"

Attachments

• draggin.gif
    draggin.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,540  
Seems to be happening to a lot of Dodge trucks since Fiat lowered the quality.
The truck in the pick is an older Dakota, I would be more inclined to guess a combination of rust and years of abuse before I blamed cheep manufacturing.