Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,571  
lost my f250 to a driver on the wrong side of the road, and high on drugs. I just found out the she had run another truck into the ditch a few miles before me. Head on, totaled my truck.... I think she had at lease 2 DUI, as well as some drugs.
I've quit driving a shortcut recommended by Google Directions (Lakeville Highway below Petaluma, for those who know the Bay Area). Caltrans has a sign saying 'Headlights On Next 10 Miles' and '9 accidents in last 6 months'. It used to be a faster shortcut compared to continuing over to the intersection of two major highways. But now after improvements on 101, there's no time savings.

Too many head-ons. One was a few seconds before I arrived at that point, an instant death when a drunk crossed over and hit her head-on. Another experience was being run off the road, literally, by a CHP cruiser passing me, lights and continuous siren, way too fast in a no-passing zone on a levee. I said to my wife 'there has to be an officer down, to see such reckless driving by an officer'. We soon came upon a life-support helicopter carrying off a CHP motorcycle officer. (He survived). After reading of similar accidents nearly monthly, I decided it just wasn't worth saving a minute or so taking that shortcut in my frequent trips between home and ranch.

This article has a map.

And I didn't even find the two crashes I described.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,572  
Agree that there is a big difference between

1. Driving drunk and getting in an accident and killing someone. Everyone knows that driving drunk is reckless.
2. Something may may have been "secured" and unintentionally became airborne due to some sort of strapping/shifting failure.

The rub would be if the item was not secured at all.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,573  
Not towing, but I lost my f250 to a driver on the wrong side of the road, and high on drugs. I just found out the she had run another truck into the ditch a few miles before me. Head on, totaled my truck. I had just purchased a new land plane and had it loaded in the back for my truck, but at the last minute I noticed that the blades on the land plane had no angle. They took it out of my truck. It might have come into the back seat if it had been there. Front hit, but cracked the skid plate around my gas tank. Broke the back shocks. I am being told they will give me cash value, not replacement. Prices here are plus $10,000 about bluebook, if you can find one. Also seeing doctor due to shoulder and neck. How do they leave people like this on the highway. I think she had at lease 2 DUI, as well as some drugs.
Glad you survived to tell the story! I would be contacting my insurance company for help or a lawyer. They have to make you whole! That means they either give you another truck of equal value or better. I would not except anything less. This is assuming this was her insurance that made that ridiculous offer.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,574  
They have to make you whole! That means they either give you another truck of equal value or better. I would not except anything less. This is assuming this was her insurance that made that ridiculous offer.
I wonder if with the shortage of vehicles today you could engage an attorney or auto salesman or somebody to find the replacement and recover what you had to pay him for the effort, from the other party's insurance. A court just might accept that reasoning.

But if its your insurance paying off what their book says is 'fair value' this wouldn't work.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,575  
I wonder if with the shortage of vehicles today you could engage an attorney or auto salesman or somebody to find the replacement and recover what you had to pay him for the effort, from the other party's insurance. A court just might accept that reasoning.

But if its your insurance paying off what their book says is 'fair value' this wouldn't work.
A trial court might go off the rail and accept it but an appeals court would likely throw it out very quickly. There are many, many ways to attack that tactic and the precedent is very established. Almost every state recognizes the actual cash value as what is owed on a vehicle under most policies and even third party property damage claims.

Yeah, that last sentence too, they always have more than “their book” when they go to trial.

Now, legislatively, it could be different. If you could get enough support to buck the insurance lobby, I sure would like to see that.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,576  

I would say he would get quite a bit more. Depending on the other person's insurance and their worth.

One of my ex employees had a small accident. As our policy he went for the immediate drug screen. He failed and thus why no longer working for us. He was not impaired at the time of the minor fender bender. However, we are being sued big time because he had Drugs in his system.

I will say anytime one of my employees has a accident in one of our vehicles we are sued. But this one is a much bigger deal because of the drug screen.

At any rate, each state can be different but I am fairly certain they must make him whole at a minimum.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,577  
I would say he would get quite a bit more. Depending on the other person's insurance and their worth.

One of my ex employees had a small accident. As our policy he went for the immediate drug screen. He failed and thus why no longer working for us. He was not impaired at the time of the minor fender bender. However, we are being sued big time because he had Drugs in his system.

I will say anytime one of my employees has a accident in one of our vehicles we are sued. But this one is a much bigger deal because of the drug screen.

At any rate, each state can be different but I am fairly certain they must make him whole at a minimum.
Just out of curiosity, who was at fault? Even if one driver is blatantly at fault, minute traces of drugs including alcohol can make things swing the other way.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,578  
Just out of curiosity, who was at fault? Even if one driver is blatantly at fault, minute traces of drugs including alcohol can make things swing the other way.
Stop and go traffic. They stopped and he went. His fault but minor damage.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,579  
This is from Green Tractor Talk.
tapatalk_-794475425_378x504.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,580  
Stop and go traffic. They stopped and he went. His fault but minor damage.
Crazy world. Big lawsuit over a fender bender?