Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,882  
Enzo did the same thing to Henry Ford 2.

If they hadn’t traded insults, we might never have seen a great selection of cool race cars.
True, both the Lamborghini 350GT and the Ford GT40 were the result of being insulted by Ferrari...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,883  
Steyr built a few cars under Fiat license, but originally it was a weapon manufacturer, just like Zetor. I dont know if Steyr still makes rifles, but Zetor (Zbrokovka Tractor) was split off from CZ (Ceske Zbrokovka).

I dont know which Daimler it was in Steyr Daimler Puch, but they did make trucks and tractors after ww2. Puch was sold off to an Italian moped manufacturer after their heighdays, Steyr trucks was sold to MAN in the early 90s and Steyr tractors was sold to Case in 1996. Later when NH bought Case, they sold the Steyr Antriebstechnik to ZF.

Lately an entrepreneur wanted to buy the former Steyr truck plant from MAN to save it from extinction, but the deal didnt go through i believe.

Steyr itself was at some point bought by automotive supplier Magna from Canada, and apart from producing components they still build small series of cars for several major auto makers. Oh and they did 4x4 conversions for regular passenger cars: In Austria you can even find a Fiat Panda 4x4...

I own a 1975 Steyr Daimler Puch x-military vehicle - The Pinzgauer 710M. it its very well engineered vehicle for off-roading in it's day.

Dave

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,885  
I own a 1975 Steyr Daimler Puch x-military vehicle - The Pinzgauer 710M. it its very well engineered vehicle for off-roading in it's day.

Dave
It is designed by the son of Hans Ledwinka, the guy who worked at Tatra and inventor of the backbone chassis, who was chief director at Steyr before he went to work at Tatra: After the war, in 1946 the new Communist government accused him of collaborating with the Germans, in what were merely show processes from the "workers revolution" against high ranking individuals. When he got out, Hans Ledwinka went to retire in Vienna, working as a consultant at Tatra. His son Erich who also worked for Tatra, went to work for Steyr and designed the Pinzgauer and Haflinger based on his fathers central backbone principle.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,887  
It is designed by the son of Hans Ledwinka, the guy who worked at Tatra and inventor of the backbone chassis, who was chief director at Steyr before he went to work at Tatra: After the war, in 1946 the new Communist government accused him of collaborating with the Germans, in what were merely show processes from the "workers revolution" against high ranking individuals. When he got out, Hans Ledwinka went to retire in Vienna, working as a consultant at Tatra. His son Erich who also worked for Tatra, went to work for Steyr and designed the Pinzgauer and Haflinger based on his fathers central backbone principle.

Attachments

• Logan and David with Penz.jpeg
    Logan and David with Penz.jpeg
    658.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 158
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,888  
Dave, thats a nice looking truck, you have done a great job on it!!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,889  
Now show us it while hauling or towing something wrong...