Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,542  
How the heck did he get the house stuck there? Is that a little driveway he drove out of? With the Texas road# sign? ????

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,543  
Reportedly, Tesla does not handle the cold very well. Has there been an issue with that in Norway?
That "report" was one guy. After 10 years of production, one Tesla failed to charge at a blistering 19°F. The media copy/pasted the article but did not comprehend the car was saying, "waiting on the battery to warm." Apparently the battery heater was broken on this car. Its a good thing ICE vehicles never have diesel sludge in the winter, gasoline lines freeze with water, or starter batteries fail to turn the starter! Is only Teslas that ever have trouble in the cold!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,544  
blistering 19°F.
That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. I expect my truck to start when it's -20; otherwise I'll probably die. No ifs, ands, buts or maybes. When I get done work at the end of a cold day that truck needs to start.

Still, the rest of your post is accurate.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,545  
That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. I expect my truck to start when it's -20; otherwise I'll probably die. No ifs, ands, buts or maybes. When I get done work at the end of a cold day that truck needs to start.

Still, the rest of your post is accurate.
Of course you "expect it to" but if it is broken it won't. If your truck is broken then does that prove all ICE trucks are defective and unsuitable in the cold?

My 2013 Tesla Model S 85 about the same day as the viral media report. Might notice the red "battery heat" icon indicating the battery heater was in use during charging. "Inside" is the car's passenger compartment. It would seem heating the battery (which occupies the entire floorboard) warms the inside of the car.

This is a snippet from the TeslaFi.com logger.

IMG_0369.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,546  
When a customer's horses are starving. Draw-Tite all the way.

Attachments

• HayDelivery.jpg
    HayDelivery.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 153
  • HayDelivery2.jpg
    HayDelivery2.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 150
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,547  
Of course you "expect it to" but if it is broken it won't. If your truck is broken then does that prove all ICE trucks are defective and unsuitable in the cold?

My 2013 Tesla Model S 85 about the same day as the viral media report. Might notice the red "battery heat" icon indicating the battery heater was in use during charging. "Inside" is the car's passenger compartment. It would seem heating the battery (which occupies the entire floorboard) warms the inside of the car.

This is a snippet from the TeslaFi.com logger.

View attachment 778087
My main point was that nineteen degrees isn't cold. My other point about needing whatever I drive to be dependable was equally true though. I rarely let my fuel tank get below half; but when leaving the tar, I fill up at the last station I go past.

I don't need all of the bells and whistles to tell me what the temperature is, inside or outside the car. I'm firmly implanted in the KISS camp.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,548  
Is there a category on the Corvette forums for towing? Do they debate payload, air shocks and airbags?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,549  
Don't look overloaded on a newer 1 ton Ram, but something gave out.
This guy does a good job explaining the situation for this failure:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,550  
How about properly positioning the load.

I often see tractors being pulled backwards on a dual-axle utility trailer, sometimes with attachments, some without. I’ve often wondered which is truly the best way.

I have a [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] with an FEL and a box blade (sometimes a rotary cutter which sticks off the back end of the 18’ trailer about one foot.

I’m not sure if I should be towing forwards and backwards and I don’t know how the weight is truly distributed when I do this.

Thoughts?