Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,051  
When the emergency pin is pulled that little auxillary battery is directly connected to your trailer brakes at full battery voltage voltage that in turn lowers the aux batteries voltage to a level much lower then your trucks battery so your truck is trying to charge that battery through a circuit which can't handle that much current.
I don’t follow. If the battery is so undersized that the brakes drag down the voltage, then it would not have capacity to keep the brakes locked hard, as intended.

If previously connected, we know the battery voltages are nearly the same. How much current do the brakes really pull?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,052  
...if you have LED lights polarity does matter. It won't hurt them, they just won't work with it reversed.
Maybe in most cases.

I bought LED lantern bulbs that the eBay listing declared could be used with either polarity. I destroyed 2 of them immediately before figuring the polarity of my 6 volt lantern.

Hopefully automotive LEDs aren't as vulnerable as this.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,053  
Maybe in most cases.

I bought LED lantern bulbs that the eBay listing declared could be used with either polarity. I destroyed 2 of them immediately before figuring the polarity of my 6 volt lantern.

Hopefully automotive LEDs aren't as vulnerable as this.
LED's are diodes, so an individual LED will always be polarity sensitive. But there have also always been bipolar LED assemblies, essentially two LED's in reversed-parallel inside the same package, such that it will light with either polarity. There's a reverse breakdown problem, where you could cause damage, but typically they're sized/designed to prevent that at the prescribed voltage.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,054  
I don’t follow. If the battery is so undersized that the brakes drag down the voltage, then it would not have capacity to keep the brakes locked hard, as intended.

If previously connected, we know the battery voltages are nearly the same. How much current do the brakes really pull?
If when the emergency brake activation pulls 15-20 amps through the trailer wiring and truck connection for that battery is connected to who knows were if it pulls more then the fuses instantaneous rating it would blow.
I'm not sure but most brake controllers are setup with 40 amp breakers or fuses. Not sure why it would blow a fuse for the OP's service brakes. Brake lights maybe?
Just out of curiosity I looked in my 19 RAM's manual for brake fuses, that thing has numerous fuses for the trailer plug lights and brake controller.
I've only checked the breakaway switch on a couple of trailers with my RAM 1500 and it's never lost a fuse.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,055  
IMG_1035.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,058  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,059  
Problem with those pallets, is how to unload them. I have never seen forks that rotate to the angle to be able to lift the pallet. I think someone has to unload them by hand. Jon
Just add another one on the back to bend it back. Or put another forklift under the bend, the truck is scrap anyway.