Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,441  
there is a lowes about 6m from my house. I noticed a guy had bought once of those 1 piece shower / tub fiberglass frame jobs and put it in his small pickup and drove it partially home. I passed it on the roadside all cracked up.

It didn't even make it 2m from the store... I felt sorry for the guy.. kinda...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,442  
there is a lowes about 6m from my house. I noticed a guy had bought once of those 1 piece shower / tub fiberglass frame jobs and put it in his small pickup and drove it partially home. I passed it on the roadside all cracked up.

It didn't even make it 2m from the store... I felt sorry for the guy.. kinda...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,443  
I need to haul a small backhoe tomorrow, my flatbed trailer is a couple of hours away so I called around the city I am hauling it in to rent an equipment trailer. One place assured me that they rent car trailers and car dollies all the time to people hauling "them loaders". The guy really did not to want to let me off of the phone. Finally I practically had to hang up, and I found a place that rents equipment and, of course, equipment trailers. But you have to wonder if some of the rental joints are part of the problem. I know that first place would very well be.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,444  
LOL! A guy I knew (who was a real idiot anyway) bought a new refrigerator at Lowes. He loaded it upright in his pickup and didn't strap it down. Inevitably, he took off from a stoplight and the fridge slid to the back of the truck and flipped over the tailgate. Yep, it was totaled. What a putz.

I saw much the same thing happen back in the mid 70s! :D A couple of guys came from the direction of an auction mart and stopped at the stop sign. When traffic cleared the driver floored his half ton truck and with a squeal of rubber they took off across the intersection. Unfortunately the stove which I presume had just been purchased at the auction mart was sitting up tight against the front of the box with zero tie downs so it ended up sliding quite quickly to the back of the box where it made a resounding crashing noise upon impact just before it tumbled out and smashed all over the road. I'm pretty sure the passenger was the stove's owner because he was some ticked off and the driver was walking the walk of shame when they went to pick up the stove parts.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,445  
Saw this guy today rolling along at highway speeds (was directly in front of me, but I moved over). The front shocks were totally gone, so it was bouncing up and down, and I kept waiting for one of the ladders to launch! He had a small rope on the front, and another on the back holding them in place, but they were sliding all over his roof...no roof rack, or anything else appropriate for hauling ladders. I didn't stay behind him long enough to see what happened!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,446  
That helps to explain why so many of the traffic reports from the Sacramento area begin "Well, we have the first ladder of the day in the middle lane of..."

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,447  
I came from there before moving to Oregon. That is only the tip of the iceberg. One night, I almost hit a sailboat laying on it's side in the fast lane of Interstate 5. Ladders? No big deal. :thumbsup:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,448  
I came from there before moving to Oregon. That is only the tip of the iceberg. One night, I almost hit a sailboat laying on it's side in the fast lane of Interstate 5. Ladders? No big deal. :thumbsup:

Sailboats aren't known for speed, it should have been in the slow lane, :D

I know it rains a lot out there, must have been a dry spell for it to be on its side?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,449  
Funny thing, when I called 911 I asked if it was supposed to be in the slow lane. They asked if I had been drinking. No sense of humor.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,450  
Ah yes the daily ladder report. Well I can't top the sailboat story but I have my own similar story - Driving west on I-80 an hour before San Francisco, dark night and heavy rain, Dixon or Vacaville or someplace. I came upon a load of 4x4 fenceposts scattered across all the lanes and invisible in the downpour. Somehow I threaded through the mess at freeway speed without hitting one.

Then the strange part. The next offramp had a CHP Office sign so I went in to report it. The lady behind the counter, Hispanic, never let on that she understood English, just looked at me like I was nuts no matter how many different ways I explained it. I gave up and continued on. Hope nobody got hurt.

And similar recently, same region, 3 westbound lanes standing still. When I finally got to the front of the mess, a wrecker was pulling a late model VW out of a ditch over by the frontage road. With a Suburban nearby that had an empty dolly, the kind for towing a vehicle with two wheels on the dolly. Neither was close to the stalled traffic lanes. Just guessing but the blockade must have been because the VW came off the dolly at freeway speed and got bounced around by several cars in the heavy traffic before it got shunted off toward the ditch. Glad I missed that one.