Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #241  
View attachment 351915

And they weren't done loading yet.

I don't understand the picture.

How did that car in the foreground spin out into the bushes and there's not a scratch on the tow vehicle? Also the extreme lower right looks exactly like the tailgate on my 4x8 trailer. A picture is below.

Come to think of it, maybe my pic belongs in this thread too. Really, I'm just within spec for trailer capacity and towing capacity. But maybe 100 miles on each of two days, in 110 degree weather, was pushing things a little. No problems encountered, mostly by moderate speed and not following anything closer than several hundred feet.

154771d1265655036-yanmar-187d-fel-soon-new-p1530434rym186d-ontrailer.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #242  
that trailer withthe squatted chevy. it sure don't look overloaded.. unless there are lead ingots at the front we don't see. maybee the chevy has BAD rear suspension?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #243  
and not following anything closer than several hundred feet.

problem with that last sentence is the fool that just has to pull in front of you at the last moment!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #244  
that trailer withthe squatted chevy. it sure don't look overloaded.. unless there are lead ingots at the front we don't see. maybee the chevy has BAD rear suspension?

Front tires look like their barely touching

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #245  
moderate speed and not following anything closer than several hundred feet.
problem with that last sentence is the fool that just has to pull in front of you at the last moment!
After the first half of the trip on an empty Interstate, I never got up to the towing speed limit of 55 again. This was such a cautious trip, and during quiet hours, that I really could have come to a full stop every time someone entered the highway if that seemed needed. Aside from traffic safety I was just as concerned about hardware failure - ie that the extreme summer heat, up to 110 the first day, could blow a tire. So it was a very leisurely trip.

All three of my tractors have never left the place after I brought them home. 1) no need, and 2) I don't want to learn the limit of whats reasonable.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #246  
What happened there?

Nothing 'happened'. I just was pulling out of the parking lot of the business next door and these guys were loading this trailer up with the scaffolding from a job they just completed on this bank branch.

Yes, tounge heavy is what I saw too and as I said they were not done loading it up and there were four people to ride in the vehicle from what I saw.

The tire tracks across the grass had nothing to do with my original post. From an earlier incident I guess or someone taking a shortcut from one parking lot to the next.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #247  

true, not a lot of weight in what they had loaded in the trailer from what I saw, but no idea what was in the back of the vehicle.

One thing you can't see from the angle of the photo is that the axle is way back on the trailer so tough to get a load balanced. now that i think of it it could have been a boat trailer in another life.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #248  
I hate people that see me keeping a safe following distance as an invitation to pry themself inbetween... Sometimes i just keep a closer distance to avoid having to brake when an idiot pulls in front, with a few feet between bumpers...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #249  
I hate people that see me keeping a safe following distance as an invitation to pry themself inbetween... Sometimes i just keep a closer distance to avoid having to brake when an idiot pulls in front, with a few feet between bumpers...

yep.. darned if you do or don't. drive closer to prevent pull ins.. or drive farther and get pull ins that eat up the slack.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #250  
The definition of a tough truck.