Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,332  

Kaufman Trailers, in Lexington, NC. ships trailers to individual buyers like that.
The problem (for an individual buyer) is that you must find a place where your one trailer can be unloaded for you from the top of the remaining stack.
A boat yard, lumber yard, etc., that has a forklift with LONG forks.
Then you ( the buyer) must make an arrangement with THAT place to unload your trailer for you, for some specific fee.
I would have ordered from Kaufman, but could not work out a local unloading arrangement.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,333  
Oh, ok. This is what I think of a landscape trailer.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1460773196.172579.jpg

5-6 high, with these, wouldn't work well with most underpasses.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,334  
I dont think I've ever seen anyone here using one like that. The 12-18" rail kind sre the most common here, plus the doofus that try to load skidsteers on the expanded metal floors. :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,335  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,336  
Wow!!!!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,337  
Kaufman Trailers, in Lexington, NC. ships trailers to individual buyers like that.
The problem (for an individual buyer) is that you must find a place where your one trailer can be unloaded for you from the top of the remaining stack.
A boat yard, lumber yard, etc., that has a forklift with LONG forks.
Then you ( the buyer) must make an arrangement with THAT place to unload your trailer for you, for some specific fee.
I would have ordered from Kaufman, but could not work out a local unloading arrangement.
We use 2 FEL tractors, one on each side. Few chains and lift it 6" and have the driver pull out then lower with the tractors.

When I got my last trailer I unloaded at a muffler shop. They put the lift up, backed in the stack, chained it off and lifted it up. Cost $20

Chris

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,338  
Not so much a crazy accident as an almost squashed small car, by me, and I think it would have been their fault. Hauling the 2538 today and always keeping my eyes peeled, but you just can't see 'em all. Keep your eyes on the left. This was a close one and the ride was a lot more jerky than the vid shows. I was coasting and had signals on. That dark SUV that might have confused the silver car driver or been a distraction for him. He was heading to the main lane as I was beginning my left turn stage. No way I could have stopped had he made it all the way into lane. Be safe y'all and keep your eyes wide open! Glad I didn't have to share an alternate ending picture.

First video ever uploaded to the net. It's unlisted so I hope it works... 12 seconds or so to let you get your bearings of the road and then the fun begins.

Here is what I was driving - all implements included puts loaded trailer at 8,000+ pounds and that's all this Ram 1500 likes to handle.

Rig and Tractor Loaded out with implements sized.jpg

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,339  
Not so much a crazy accident as an almost squashed small car, by me, and I think it have been their fault. Hauling the 2538 today and always keeping my eyes peeled, but you just can't see 'em all. Keep your eyes on the left. This was a close one and the ride was a lot more jerky than the vid shows. I was coasting and had signals on. That dark SUV that might have confused the silver car driver or been a distraction for him. He was heading to the main lane as I was beginning my left turn stage. No way I could have stopped had he made it all the way into lane. Be safe y'all and keep your eyes wide open! Glad I didn't have to share an alternate ending picture.

First video ever uploaded to the net. It's unlisted so I hope it works... 12 seconds or so to let you get your bearings of the road and then the fun begins.

Here is what I was driving - all implements included puts loaded trailer at 8,000+ pounds and that's all this Ram 1500 likes to handle.

View attachment 464975
Gotta love it when people use the left turn only lane as their personal merge lane.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #3,340  
I haven't seen this video posted here before (maybe it has been?)... But here's what this fellow below should have done, instead of rigging up that pitiful hitch on the tailgate of his little Blazer (or Jimmy). I guess he just wasn't as smart as this fellow was on the youtube link was. I am sure that the bumper hitch he rigged up on that back bumper of that trailer was a lot sturdier than the hitch the other guy rigged up on the tailgate. It's amazing hoe some will people will carelessly risk other peoples wellbeing all because they are either too cheap to do it right, or just don't care about doing it right.

Idiot Pulls 5th Wheel Camper Backwards with a Bumper Hitch FAIL! - YouTube