Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #5,621  
And a real Hauling Something Wrong. TBN can't load this 'webm' format so you need to click the link. Summary:

Big farm tractor is driving down the edge of the freeway next to the guardrail at 1 am (why???), sleepy trucker heads for an offramp and rearends it. The tractor spins out into traffic where it nearly gets hit a second time.

https://fat.gfycat.com/NecessaryGreatGelding.webm

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #5,622  
And a real Hauling Something Wrong. TBN can't load this 'webm' format so you need to click the link. Summary:

Big farm tractor is driving down the edge of the freeway next to the guardrail at 1 am (why???), sleepy trucker heads for an offramp and rearends it. The tractor spins out into traffic where it nearly gets hit a second time.

Never line life would I drive a tractor on a freeway, especially in the middle of the night.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #5,623  

That's some good driving by the two trucks that avoid hitting the tractor spinning across the road! Hope the tractor driver was OK.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #5,625  
I can't post a link for some reason but google "slime eel accident Oregon"

Truck carrying hagfish (called slime eel) accident out in Oregon dumps live eels all over the road and cars. Eels were on their way overseas as delicacy (yuck).

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #5,627  
This might not be hauling wrong, but I haven't seen a trailer raised while hauling before. Maybe I just never noticed. This one was hauling trusses with a raised bed, and the rear end was very low with lights obscured by the oversized load sign that was dragging and flopping on the tail end. The van behind it rear ended it when the truck slowed to make a left turn.

Attachments

• Raised.jpg
    Raised.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 359
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #5,628  
That dude is likely up a creek if he didn't have a set of remote tails hooked in. Based on the severity of impact, the minivan was not tailgating, but had a good head of steam when contact was made.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #5,629  
From the pics, I'd say its a tough call (maybe split responsibility?). I'm guessing there was more than a modicum of inattention on the part of the van driver...maybe some speeding, too.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #5,630  
That dude is likely up a creek if he didn't have a set of remote tails hooked in. Based on the severity of impact, the minivan was not tailgating, but had a good head of steam when contact was made.

Looks to me like the trailer has a red flag and an oversized load banner. Looks like a pretty professional trailer loading job too.

My guess: Minivan driver was texting and never saw the trailer slow.