Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,101  
Not really, I towed a similar 1 1/2T truck home (90 miles) with my 1/2T truck. The 1/2T is rated to tow 12K and this truck weighed 8K. Including my trailer I was just under the limit.
His truck is either 3/4 or 1T.

Good--no great-- looking truck and bed. Did you build the bed yourself and if so, any threads on it?t

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,102  
Good--no great-- looking truck and bed. Did you build the bed yourself and if so, any threads on it?t

I didn't have time to build the bed so I had the bed built to my specs and painted to match the truck, then I installed the lighting and deck of rough cut 2x10 hemlock. No threads on it here but I have plenty of pics on the build. I did use my tractor to set the bed on the truck but didn't consider the truck build tractor related.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,103  
I didn't have time to build the bed so I had the bed built to my specs and painted to match the truck, then I installed the lighting and deck of rough cut 2x10 hemlock. No threads on it here but I have plenty of pics on the build. I did use my tractor to set the bed on the truck but didn't consider the truck build tractor related.

What did it cost to build that framework and what size is the steel? How did they do the rounded corners?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,105  
Nobody objects to a kick-*** off-topic thread. Just sayin......

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,106  
If the truck build is capable of hauling or towing a tractor, then it most definitely is tractor-related.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,108  
Nobody objects to a kick-*** off-topic thread. Just sayin......

If the truck build is capable of hauling or towing a tractor, then it most definitely is tractor-related.

An or you think about a tractor sometime during the build, i'd think that would count too.

Not really about towing / hauling something wrong but several have expressed some interest.
I sold the truck a couple years ago but even though the bed was short it could have easily hauled a SCUT. It had a 235 cu.in. straight 6 and a 4 spd. with super low granny gear, 6.17 rear gears, 20" tires. Was originally built for a fire dept. as a 1000 gallon water tanker so it had plenty of suspension to haul that much water on the back. Interior was basic. The body and frame were original with less than 7K miles but I did have to replace the motor. I drew up plans for the flatbed to make it look period correct and had a local shop build that. I painted and installed all the lighting and built the rear tow hitch. Rewired the truck and converted from 6V to 12V. Pulled, inspected and adjusted the brakes, replaced Master Cyl. and flushed all fluid. Took first place in a couple shows I drove it to. Top comfortable speed was between 45-50 MPH, anything higher and the engine was screaming.

Attachments

• DSCN1668 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1668 (Large).JPG
    532.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN1620 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1620 (Large).JPG
    315 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN1612 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1612 (Large).JPG
    497.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN1611 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1611 (Large).JPG
    452.4 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN1609 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1609 (Large).JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN1665 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1665 (Large).JPG
    444.1 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN1605 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1605 (Large).JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 189
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,109  
I wish the floors in my house looked as good as that deck.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #7,110  
That's just 4 coats of polyurethane on 2x10 rough cut hemlock and stainless steel hardware to hold it down.