Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #961  
about post#861, I think it was very likely the ramps were spring loaded ( assist lift type ) due to the elevation I notice the ramps were not extended all the way down to the correct angle, once the front of the truck made it across the ramps the weight lowering the rear of the trailer resulted in the ramps lifting by them selves, This accident should of been predicted with these type of ramps,

In this video (post 861) When the truck got on the ramps he actually pushed the trailer and tow vehicle forward. The result was the ramps caught the driveway edge and had no choice but to flip up.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #962  
And that video illustrates the idiocy of charging at the ramp as if 300 hp won't be enough to creep up it, so he needs some inertia too. Then they seem surprised at the result. :duh:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #963  
And that video illustrates the idiocy of charging at the ramp as if 300 hp won't be enough to creep up it, so he needs some inertia too. Then they seem surprised at the result. :duh:

Umm, I'm pretty sure that if they had the use of the truck's 300 hp that they wouldn't be rolling it down the hill to try to make it up the ramps onto the trailer, they would have just driven it up. :confused3:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #964  
Put towing vehicle in park, set emergency brake.

When loading a trailer, put vehicle or tractor in 4WD if possible. Creep onto trailer until all wheels are past ramps. Works every time.

With a 2WD vehicle or tractor, put someone in towing vehicle to stand on the brakes and ease up ramps slowly.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #965  
Nice discussion about traction control and brakes. Hope this driver doesn't get too much traction on take-off or brakes too hard.
stupid-people-31.jpg

Probably his Mother-In-Law. :eek:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #966  
This one one is cool, came up on it at a light today

2014-06-23 15.13.02.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #967  
Put towing vehicle in park, set emergency brake.
When loading a trailer, put vehicle or tractor in 4WD if possible. Creep onto trailer until all wheels are past ramps. Works every time.
With a 2WD vehicle or tractor, put someone in towing vehicle to stand on the brakes and ease up ramps slowly.
Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
In the video, the truck wouldn't start. If they had chocked the trailer wheels, put the tow vehicle in 4wd, or had someone in there with their foot on the brake they would have been fine...

Aaron Z

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong
Here is one I saw. It is not properly tied down. It was behind a Honda Ridgeline so it may have been overloaded.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #969  
0DzfBax.jpg

If you look closely, it seems like the truck is actually being towed itself.