Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #1,571  
Don't leave home without it. Lol

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #1,575  
The boat in the van was very cool but the Jeep in the first part was way out of class to tow that triple axle trailer and boat.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #1,578  
The boat in the van was very cool but the Jeep in the first part was way out of class to tow that triple axle trailer and boat.

I'm not too sure, probably pretty close. I'm guessing that boat weights around 7000-8000#. Probably pretty close too capacity. Diamond pilot likely has that answer.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #1,579  
Question for all the Smart people here , ( No , Not Joking or being a Smart A** !! Although I have towed trailers , Boats , etc... , Very little experience loading smaller utility / flatbed / dump trailers !! ) .

Seen it the other Day , Guy was pulling maybe 16' or 18' flatbed trailer with a 3/4 pick up . On the Trailer was another 3/4 pickup . What Caught my attention was the Following . The only Tie Downs were these type :

images.jpg

And There were only 3 at best , possibly only 2 . One on Front right , One on Rear Right . For Sure not one on Rear Left but could not See Front Left . No , Repeat NO other tie down , chain , strap or even winch cable on front , Holding Vehicle to trailer .

My Question is Simple . Was that a Good Idea ?? In my limited experience in that type haul , I would of had 4 of those plus a chain or 2 on front and back of vehicle as back up . Both Vehicles were from the same state per license plate's , ( I noticed that as they passed as they were decent looking trucks , then noticed How it was tied down ) and they Were 2 States from Were they appeared to be Headed .

Fred H.

P.S. Oh and After I Noticed the lack of Tie Downs , My Semi Slowed by 5 mph. till they got quite a distance out in front of Me , Just in Case !!! :shocked:

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #1,580  
Question for all the Smart people here , ( No , Not Joking or being a Smart A** !! Although I have towed trailers , Boats , etc... , Very little experience loading smaller utility / flatbed / dump trailers !! ) . Seen it the other Day , Guy was pulling maybe 16' or 18' flatbed trailer with a 3/4 pick up . On the Trailer was another 3/4 pickup . What Caught my attention was the Following . The only Tie Downs were these : And There were only 3 at best , possibly only 2 . One on Front right , One on Rear Right . For Sure not one on Rear Left but could not See Front Left . No , Repeat NO other tie down , chain , strap or even winch cable on front , Holding Vehicle to trailer . My Question is Simple . Was that a Good Idea ?? In my limited experience in that type haul , I would of had 4 of those plus a chain or 2 on front and back of vehicle as back up . Both Vehicles were from the same state per license plate's , ( I noticed that as they passed as they were decent looking trucks , then noticed How it was tied down ) and they Were 2 States from Were they appeared to be Headed . Fred H. P.S. Oh and After I Noticed the lack of Tie Downs , My Semi Slowed by 5 mph. till they got quite a distance out in front of Me , Just in Case !!! :shocked:

No link or photo Fred, try again. ;)