Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,401  
Who cares about a stupid commercial that's irrelevant to any real life scenario? Let's come up with a more realistic comparison like pulling a trailer weighing 10 tons up a mountain and then stopping it on the downhill side. My money is on the Ford.
That's the problem with many folks, especially those who don't own more than a screwdriver... they do latch on to sensational irrelevant 'facts' and have no feel for mechanical things.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,402  
I thought awhile about posting this, but decided to. Just to prove a point, It stood right out when I saw it and I jokes with my wife that it was me.LOL But upon further observation, I determined it really wasnt all that unsafe.Actually I thought "ya do what ya gotta do" Looks like they had everything including the kitchen sink. But they had it well secured so no harm I guess.

View attachment 487910

What people will do to avoid using a trailer....

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,403  
Don't know how well you can see it. This guy was going straight down the road.

1479217189085.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,404  
Help us out.. what are we looking for? Yellow box trucks illegal in your area?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,405  
Sorry. I have never seen a truck with that much dogleg. When driving straight I think the inner rear tire was outward of the front.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,406  
Sorry, no photo. Too much activity going on where I saw the following incident yesterday. Someone was hauling blocks of tobbacco on a flatbed. Double row on the bed, single row down the center on top with a single strap over each. All well and good except the back tier fell off. Two blocks were on the shoulder, one was smashed all over the road. It did not look like there was sufficient deck space for the last tier and it may have hung over just enough to make it unstable. Or perhaps the strap was not tight enough?

Sometimes it pays to put two straps in an "X" fashion across the back of a load or run a couple of straps front to back.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,407  
Any estimates on this log weight?

View attachment 487856

Bruce
Wouldn't want to be operating that when the cable breaks.

Was at an autocross one day and saw a friend and the wife of a fellow competitor sitting on the tool box of the trailer with wench button in hand pulling the car on. I told her if the wench cable broke it was going to wrap her up. She got down and stood behind the tool box pretty quick.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,408  
I was taught to stand clear and put a blanket over the cable...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,409  
Best to switch to fiber winch rope. So much safer and stronger.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #4,410  
Best to switch to fiber winch rope. So much safer and stronger.
Maybe, maybe not. Years back, a friend and his buddies were moose hunting in Maine. Someone shot a moose and they decided to pull it out of the swamp with a winch. They ran a poly propelene rope to a snatch block secured to the moose. The block failed, the rope shot back and took a chunk of meat out of my friends thigh the size of a softball.

One of the other hunters was formerly a medic. He balled a shirt and secured it in the wound. They called for help, met an ambulance on a logging road for which they had secured emergency right of way, then met a chopper which air lifted my friend to the hospital. The ER doc was a Nam vet so he knew what to do. My friend, a marine during the Korean War survived. His medic buddy said it would have killed a less hard headed man, lol!

Ropes, cables and occasionally chains can and have taken limbs or even heads off. Be careful out there.