Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,791  
I saw a guy dragging a stump behind his pickup going down the road. In his defense it was on a short rope and wasn’t loosing dirt everywhere.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,792  
That it will act like a sail when going down the road?
Not that much more than sitting on a trailer. It's not ideal, but it wouldnt scare me going down the road.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,793  
I saw a guy dragging a stump behind his pickup going down the road. In his defense it was on a short rope and wasn’t loosing dirt everywhere.

Wonder how long it would take to grind a stump on the asphalt? They don't burn well.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,794  
I’ve never seen air applied air brakes. I’ve never seen a truck that didn’t lock down with a loss of air pressure. Admittedly I don’t deal with big trucks very often.
The service brakes are all air applied. The spring is only for parking. I have only seen 1 axle per vehicle with the spring brakes (1 on truck, 1 on trailer) The ones with 2 clamps have a spring. The parking release pressure from the dash button is separate from the service apply pressure. I know this not from internet search, but because I changed them out alot. The ones with 2 clamps will mess you up if take the back clamp off! Why would you take the clamps off anyway? The typical failure was leaky diaphragm. You could take it apart and replace the diaphragm. That way you would not have to cut the rod on the replacement chamber to length. We had a heavy steel box with large slots to put the spring brake chambers in so we could cut the spring with a torch before throwing in the dumpster. They were afraid one would kill a garbage man or something. Also had to "cage" brakes sometimes to allow a wheel to move freely (usually on a trailer) the spring brakes come with a long bolt, you screw it in all the way and it holds the spring off. It's a pain in the butt. Probably 4" long and takes alot of effort the whole way with a ratchet.

brake.jpeg22.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,795  
First picture is drive axle second and third are steer axle. On a late model freightliner. 20180926_173025.jpeg20180926_172918.jpeg20180926_173113.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,796  
I was wrong this is a international with 2 rear axles it has spring brakes on both rear and just service brakes on front.20180926_173447.jpeg20180926_173510.jpeg20180926_173611.jpeg20180926_173637.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,797  
Double axle trailer has 1 axle with spring brakes20180926_173959.jpeg20180926_173944.jpeg20180926_174018.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,798  
That it will act like a sail when going down the road?
Doesn't look like any more than one of the 5 wheel RV trailers.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #8,799  
And if you'd like go back a nother generation and get air over hydraulic brakes, then you can really worry.