Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,382  
Don't get me started on RV drivers, truckers have to test and have a CDL, RV's all you need is a license and may have never driven anything bigger than your Prius.
I understand that. I’m not sure that a class C license demonstrates the ability to drive some of the setups for pulling tractors et.al. discussed in these threads.
It’s been over 45 years since I took drivers ed, but don’t believe that the word “trailer” was even part of the vocabulary. That may have changed though.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,383  
Don't get me started on RV drivers
Worst example I've seen was European tourists in Yellowstone Park. Two older retired couples. Each couple had rented the biggest RV's ever made and had obviously never driven one. The two rigs would drive together into every pullout along the clogged narrow roads blocking in everyone while they made their videos of critters and scenery. Pulled over together, sticking out and blocking the road as well as parking in everyone.

We first noticed them when one was using his outside loudspeaker at maximum volume in a foreign language, to respond to his buddy on the ground who was advising him, backing up many times for a complicated turnaround in a tight space where he shouldn't have driven. We wondered if we should flee our little tent trailer before we got crushed. All this at 6:30am waking up everyone in a huge campground with the loudspeaker, diesel roar, exhaust smoke. They annoyed many hundreds of people while they enjoyed Yellowstone oblivious to everything. I hope they made it home safely.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,384  
I have been saying this for YEARS. There are so many people that THINK they can drive that are a real hazard to the motoring public, many of them are elderly and a lot not so much.
Believe me the elderly here are far from being a problem...

The problem with hundreds cited on a weekend are young, often unlicensed, often hi-performance vehicles where things like stop signs, speed limits etc... simply don't apply...

See the term Sideshow

With a picture worth a thousand words maybe it's time for a dashcam?

As a sidenote the drug dealers announce their presence from the way they rev engines...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,385  
An intelligent, mature, responsible adult wouldn't take a trailer or oversize vehicle to a drive through to begin with.

Well thank you very much. I must be stupid, childish and irresponsible for dragging my 30 foot gooseneck through the drive through. But it is a hell of a lot easier then parking and pulling out the wheelchair to go in to get something to eat. Hope you never have the problem.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,386  
Well thank you very much. I must be stupid, childish and irresponsible for dragging my 30 foot gooseneck through the drive through. But it is a hell of a lot easier then parking and pulling out the wheelchair to go in to get something to eat. Hope you never have the problem.
I’m not going to do a “like” for this one, but your point is well made. 👍

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,388  
I hope the guy was okay. Too bad he did not try to avoid that object by veering left and I hope they got a plate number off that video to get the suv/boat driver for an unsecured load.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,389  
I like that quote! (y)

Mind if I steal it for use elsewhere?
Please do! I borrowed it for use here, after all. Aside from the crude songs Frank Zappa did, he wrote some fantastic music, and had a most brilliant dry wit. He also saw a lot of the bad things government is doing, some of it before it became widely known. I love his music!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,390  
I remember when that happened. I drive that road section daily to work. It made all the local news that night. The guy towing the boat had no idea. He found out when he saw it on the news too. Don't know what the result was for the boat driver, but I seem to recall the cycle rider came out ok in the end. I think.