Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,401  
Don't get me started on RV drivers, truckers have to test and have a CDL, RV's all you need is a license and may have never driven anything bigger than your Prius.
In Canada, or Ontario at least, the AZ is for tractor trailers and some larger motor homes. For the motor homes equiped with air brakes
you could do the night class.
You used to be able to get an A license with a pick up truck and a trailer registered for a certain weight.
You could get the A with a pickup, take a night class for the air brake endorsement (Z) and go to work driving heavy trucks.
You can't do that any more. If you want the AZ you need to test in a tractor trailer with a manual transmission.

Now you need an AR for large RVs. A is the weight/vehicle factor, and the R is recreational.
Other RVs like C class are still just a regular driver license.

I might even argue there should be an endorsement for these super cars. Mclarens etc. They are beyond regular powered vehicles.
In the end I do not support regulating the hell out of everything so carry on I guess.

But I do like to know the guy coming at me with an 80 000# vehicle has some training. Same as the guy landing the airplane I'm in.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,402  
As a cycle rider I always, always pay special attention to any trailers or vehicles loaded with cargo. I know firsthand how challenging it is to strap down stuff securely, having hauled a lot of things in my years. The average person does not put anywhere near enough attention on making sure cargo is secure. I give those vehicles plenty of room or get the heck around them fast.
Agree, I would never have been that close, particularly on a motorcycle. But that for him is hindsight. I hope he made it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,403  
Same as the guy landing the airplane I'm in.
I once flew left seat/pilot in command of a Cessna 414 twin engine, wide oval cabin aircraft. 6 passengers on board. Departed, flew enroute, and landed at the destination.

What was missing was-- I had no pilot rating to fly a multi-engine aircraft, nor any experience. This was my first time ever in a multi engine aircraft (at the time.) There were several onboard; I was told an instructor would be onboard in the right seat, which would have made it a safe and legal flight. Before I boarded, and without me knowing who was who, they switched seats and a non-pilot passenger sat up front with me instead of the instructor. The instructor had no idea I was not qualified to fly that plane nor had any training.

After landing, I was having trouble keeping the plane straight during taxi to the ramp. Weaving left and right on the taxiway. From the back, the instructor said "watch RPM" which was good advice since I was watching manifold pressure instead. He unbuckled, came up front and asked me if I was multi engine rated. When I said no, he turned white as a ghost. :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,404  
I once flew left seat/pilot in command of a Cessna 414 twin engine, wide oval cabin aircraft. 6 passengers on board. Departed, flew enroute, and landed at the destination.

What was missing was-- I had no pilot rating to fly a multi-engine aircraft, nor any experience. This was my first time ever in a multi engine aircraft (at the time.) There were several onboard; I was told an instructor would be onboard in the right seat, which would have made it a safe and legal flight. Before I boarded, and without me knowing who was who, they switched seats and a non-pilot passenger sat up front with me instead of the instructor. The instructor had no idea I was not qualified to fly that plane nor had any training.

After landing, I was having trouble keeping the plane straight during taxi to the ramp. Weaving left and right on the taxiway. From the back, the instructor said "watch RPM" which was good advice since I was watching manifold pressure instead. He unbuckled, came up front and asked me if I was multi engine rated. When I said no, he turned white as a ghost. :)
Lol

There are some that understand the machine - plane - car
and many that do not and never will.
(those are ones I want having specific training.)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,405  
Oops I should clarify I was a rated Private Pilot with instrument and commercial ratings at the time-- just no training or experience with multi-engine.

I did later get the multi engine rating. And learned through that training just how hazardous my flight had been ...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,406  

Were you not compelled to make it known that you were not multi thrust rated?

One thing that made the Skymaster so popular was the power of twin engines but not requiring the multi thrust rating...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,407  
Agree, I would never have been that close, particularly on a motorcycle. But that for him is hindsight. I hope he made it.

The audio on the video indicated he'd gotten up right at the end "oh he got up" or something.
I'm sure he had major road rash considering how he was geared and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd chipped his elbow bones or potentially broken an arm and quite likely a clavicle.

I know from speedy bicycle wipeouts that you don't feel much right away, hopefully he got up and staggered to the edge of the road and got comfortable sitting down before the shock hit him.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,409  
Oops I should clarify I was a rated Private Pilot with instrument and commercial ratings at the time-- just no training or experience with multi-engine.

I did later get the multi engine rating. And learned through that training just how hazardous my flight had been ...
Not a pilot but very curious as to those details. I have no idea why multi engine is harder other than there are obviously more things to deal with...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,410  
Not a pilot but very curious as to those details. I have no idea why multi engine is harder other than there are obviously more things to deal with...
Gotta be able to fly with one engine…
Equal power for taxi/falloff/flight (think two gas pedals…but it’s more like 4-6 depending on props)
Stalls way different.
CG and response compared to most singles is awkward at first.

So many new bits and bobs. Can’t imagine just jumping in and taking off without a word from the “instructor” in the other seat….especially with passengers.