Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,711  
Probably he knows they are more competent than he is.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,714  
Large towed boat separates and comes loose from F-350 after long downgrade ... kills 2 ... injures 9.

Driver has no license and is arrested.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,715  
He had some serious steam built up when he went through that intersection. I would say in combination of no trailer brakes he overheated his truck brakes causing failure.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,716  
Spooner is a serious grade from Tahoe elevation to Nevada desert floor.

Carson City is state capital with commercial vehicle inspection station/office as I remember trailering endurance horses.

Also some discussion of Drivers Legal status but unable to verify.

Nevada seems to be much more on the law and order when it comes to prosecution.

A tragedy with fatal consequences…

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,717  
They got him on a bunch of charges!! I never saw the truck but they classified it as a commercial vehicle and he didn't have a CDL or do the safety inspections. As I am studying for my CDL, this will serve as a reminder to me of how serious these pre trip inspections are

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,718  
They got him on a bunch of charges!! I never saw the truck but they classified it as a commercial vehicle and he didn't have a CDL or do the safety inspections. As I am studying for my CDL, this will serve as a reminder to me of how serious these pre trip inspections are
I think this might have been the truck? F250/F350? Pretty well shredded now.

1800f657-3ebb-40aa-a9d4-a903f3c933c7-CarsoncrashNHP.jfif

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,719  
That's a pretty big boat and the trailer certainly needed brakes. If they weren't functional that is a recipe for disaster.

I wonder what the article meant by 'overweight boat'? I doubt the boat/trailer was above the towing capacity for that F350, but maybe they meant overweight for not having trailer brakes?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,720  
@BigBlue1 I suspect the weight of the trailer by itself qualified for trailer brakes, without the boat on it.