Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,281  
When I hauled logs in Wyoming, we could be 85’ in length. I don’t remember how long some of the logs were, but often had to be cut to not exceed length. The trailer has a clamp on the reach that allows it to be adjusted for length. So, it depends on the timber you are hauling, how long you adjust the trailer for. We primarily logged lodgepole pine and Engelman spruce. They generally grow long and straight, but sometimes we would get into some short timber and need to shorten the reach.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,282  
An old picture from my logging days
B1FF9C7D-B184-4787-B651-02DA4CB4F65F.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,283  
When I hauled logs in Wyoming, we could be 85’ in length. I don’t remember how long some of the logs were, but often had to be cut to not exceed length. The trailer has a clamp on the reach that allows it to be adjusted for length. So, it depends on the timber you are hauling, how long you adjust the trailer for. We primarily logged lodgepole pine and Engelman spruce. They generally grow long and straight, but sometimes we would get into some short timber and need to shorten the reach.
It's been a long time since we've had trees that tall... when we did they were all cut with axes and 2 man crosscuts, then sent down the river.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,284  
Yes, most of them were logged out and most of the mills are gone. I grew up near a river in Wyoming. Back before my time, tie hacks would spend most of the year harvesting trees in the mountains and hand hewing them into ties. When spring runoff came, they would float them down the river - known as the tie drive. The tie boom - mostly how they dammed the river to create a reservoir to collect ties and put them on the railroad- was about a quarter mile from our house. It was, of course just ruins. We used to swim in the river and had strict orders to stay away from the tie boom. Since there were some nice deep pools there, of course that’s where we went. It’s a wonder I’m alive…

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,286  
I saw this going down the road the other day. I didn't see anybody inside the buggy.
PXL_20220107_194414753.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,287  
I saw this going down the road the other day. I didn't see anybody inside the buggy.
View attachment 729289
Definitely odd. But it's not like that thing isn't meant to be drug around on roads. I assume bearings wouldn't survive higher speeds, but that should go fine for miles at horse speeds.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,290  
Safety chain must be 8lb clear fishing test line.