Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,361  
I've seen guys takes carbs off for rebuilding and tear into ignitions when the only issue was out of gas. That's why I say to start with the easiest answer to any problem and gradually escalate rather than the reverse.
Had a customer bring me a 5 hp Briggs engine totally disassembled including removing the piston from the cylinder, and couldn't determine what the problem with it was. I had to reassemble the engine to determine why it wouldn't start. Final diagnosis was faulty spark plug.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,362  
On one of my old beaters I dropped the tank broke the strap holding the tank, broke the fill hose, spilled gas all over me and the ground, only to have a buddy come over to show me the car had an access port under the backseat above the tank.
That would have involved lots of cussing

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,363  
On older vehicles they sometimes had the fuel pump mounted outside the fuel tank inside the frame rail.

Mom had the fuel pump go out on her old Nissan pickup. It took me longer to figure out which wrench and socket I needed for the mounting bolts then it did to swap it out. Did it in the parking lot of her work in about 10 minutes.

Fuel pump was located inside the passenger side frame rail just behind the truck cab.
Volvo did that for a while on their 700 and 900 series cars, some they had a low pressure pump in the tank and a high pressure pump under the drivers seat, others had just a single high pressure pump under the seat and later ones went to a single in tank pump.

Aaron Z