Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,661  
And then there are people who leave shopping carts in the handicapped parking spots. It takes some of the handicapped a long time to transition from the car to a scooter - just image what it would take for them to move that shopping cart so they could park.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,662  
Sorry, but I would have reported it. My late wife had a placard and needed those spaces. I have actually reported a Phoenix police officer for using a handicap space one evening. There were probably 20+ regular spaces even closer to the Target store where it occurred.
Who would you report it to? One of their employees was out on a forklift trying to maneuver around it... obviously they don't care.
A lot of people with big vehicles, especially hauling trailers feel that they are entitled to park wherever they feel like, because they won't fit in a parking space. I'm just the opposite, preferring to park on the back side of the parking lot and leave the closer spots for people who can't get around as well. It also is a lot easier to get out afterwards, plus because they are the farthest from the door I am always parked in the same spot and don't have to remember where the truck is.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,663  
Who would you report it to? One of their employees was out on a forklift trying to maneuver around it... obviously they don't care.
A lot of people with big vehicles, especially hauling trailers feel that they are entitled to park wherever they feel like, because they won't fit in a parking space. I'm just the opposite, preferring to park on the back side of the parking lot and leave the closer spots for people who can't get around as well. It also is a lot easier to get out afterwards, plus because they are the farthest from the door I am always parked in the same spot and don't have to remember where the truck is.
You don't report it to the store. They usually don't care. You report to the local police. If there are handicap signs posted, it is a lawful violation and the person can be cited. It is treated as any other traffic violation.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,664  
The employee can do nothing about it. If you can find a cop to write the ticket is about all you can do. If the cop is friendly he could write a ticket for each spot that is blocked.

I drag a gooseneck 99% of the time behind my dually. I am also handicapped but I park in the back 40 unless there is nowhere else to park. Sometimes I have parked in places that I should not have but as a last resort. Sometimes I can not get somewhere in my chair due to the conditions of the parking lot.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,665  
You don't report it to the store. They usually don't care. You report to the local police. If there are handicap signs posted, it is a lawful violation and the person can be cited. It is treated as any other traffic violation.
Considered private property and unless the store files a complaint the police can't enforce the handicap space violations or at least in my state.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,666  
Would have been terrible if he got a flat tire while it was setting there. :rolleyes:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,667  
Considered private property and unless the store files a complaint the police can't enforce the handicap space violations or at least in my state.
Not the case in California. I've seen people get tickets in church parking lots when the rest of the lot was empty.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,668  
They can and do here.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,669  
Saw this today in El Paso, TX. Salami sandwich anyone?

IMG_7415.JPG

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,670  
Hitch says it's rated for 500 lbs. The refrigerator is less than that, so it's OK.

Unless it is resting oh the bumper.

Bruce