Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,712  
It looks like the wind bent it and it won't roll up. The support arms are up but not enough. If you don't put them away during wind it bends stuff and the parts don't nest together. It won't roll up if that happens. They should have just removed it.
That would have required having tools and a ladder...

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,714  
That would have required having tools and a ladder...

Aaron Z

I am paranoid with towing and loads. My previous RV relied solely on the awning' internal coil spring to keep the awning stowed. Screw that. I put a pin through it so it could not unroll.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,715  
I am paranoid with towing and loads. My previous RV relied solely on the awning' internal coil spring to keep the awning stowed. Screw that. I put a pin through it so it could not unroll.
Mine came with velcro straps to wrap around the arms. The instructions said you don't need them but some people feel better using them. I have never used them and towed mine well over 100k miles. Including states like Utah and Idaho where the speed limit is 80. Never had a problem. Even still has the original fabric. I do keep it inside at home though. I don't know what brand you have but mine is a Carefree and you need to release an lever to unlock the roller to either open or close it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,716  
Another interesting one today.....looks like pieces of metal - couldn't tell how secure they where, so I didn't get behind them in case everything slid out.....

306A6FB3-AF2D-408A-8B8F-AE0EA3957F33.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,717  
^^^^ They don't look too secure, but maybe? .... I wouldn't stay behind them, unless WAY back!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,718  
^^^^ They don't look too secure, but maybe? .... I wouldn't stay behind them, unless WAY back!
I thought that they looked pretty secure, with ropes around everything. They should be fine as long as the driver doesn't do anything drastic like taking it out of "Park".

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,719  
I once saw a train hit a concrete truck that was just leaving the plant with a full load...the barrel went spinning spewing the mix...one guy in a Porsche got killed...the train pushed the truck down the track probably a half a mile...