Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,921  
Oops. Showing my age.

Yes, 'Pink Slip' was the title document you sign on the back to release the vehicle to the next owner.

That term applied: Way back in the American Graffiti / Beach Boys era - before VN - it was common to challenge another street racer (drag racing, not Rally) to 'Let's go for pinks!'

... or so I heard ... :)
I've been so propositioned a few times and it's all I can do to keep from laughing...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,922  
Yes... it's a term from by gone days as California Titles were pink at one time.

I still have a drawer full but not so common to see unless you have owned the vehicle for a very long time...
As in - "Race you for the Pink"

edit - didn't see previous posts...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,923  
Guy’s rooftop cargo carrier popped open while driving……saw some clothing type items on the road then saw him pulled over about a tenth of a mile up.

Always double check a secure load - no matter how small.

5ABC185C-DAFB-4E9F-A9EB-28A7AB14C829.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,924  
I've been so propositioned a few times and it's all I can do to keep from laughing...
Last time I was in that situation I was coming down the miles-long grades from Donner Pass to the Valley in a 56 Willys Wagon that had a worn out 259 Studebaker V8. (essentially a SBC, they bolt up to the Jeep transmission, a popular combo a half century ago.) With the Willy's low Jeep-ratio axles the thing was screaming at some unGodly rpm going freeway speed down the mountain. Along comes an apparent twin to it, another Willys Wagon, much faster. Must have had a modern V8 and the Warn overdrive. He gestured, accelerated, did everything he could to challenge a race. Sorry bro, this little short-stroke V8 is already spinning as fast as it can go risking grenading. Not gonna race.

Nothing to do but laugh!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,926  
wow. Pure genius there.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,927  
That looks like a Rental Yard. Should never have been allowed to happen..

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,930  
That trailer would be an atrocity towing it empty. Home made with a truck flat bed, the hitch off of a single wide trailer, and the 3K axles are way too far forward. Probably had negative tongue weight even empty.