Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,941  
Kind of an interesting “hauling” picture on the NYS Thruway today - based on his license plate, looks like a mobile ham radio set up.

Either that or an Internet Explorer Maps car……(ha ha)

View attachment 762022
My wife's old car from when we did a wardriving competition a few years back. Got 80,000 access points in under 2 hours with that setup.
35416815_878294672354391_3146457843792609280_n.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,942  
So, what is the reaction from the police if caught with this type of loads on public roads?

Out of service, trailer and machine towed. Large fines.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,943  
We are on a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway and somewhere in western Virginia before we got to the Parkway we saw what I think was a half ton truck and bumper pull travel trailer wrecked. I’ve seen similar pictures before, trailer on its side with the pickups rear wheels 18“ off the ground with the trailer still hooked up. A straight stretch of road, interstate, fairly flat. I‘m guess the trailer started wagging and he lost it. 3 lanes wide and he was blocking the entire highway except traffic could barely squeeze by on the inside shoulder. I think they were waiting for the big rig to clean up that mess.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,944  
Didn't get a pic last night, but some dumbass with what looked like an old chevy S-10 was pulling a real skid steer on an equipment trailer, easily 12k+ load. Took a turn onto MY ROAD and the truck turned, but the trailer and skid didn't - down into the ditch with a huge recovery effort ongoing. Guessing the hitch ripped clean off the pickup, didn't get a real clean look. At least the skid steer was still fastened to the trailer. Hopefully he got a citation for the grossly excessive load.

Had to take a 15 minute detour to get home (to avoid taking any dirt roads with my newly washed car LOL).

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,945  
We are on a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway and somewhere in western Virginia before we got to the Parkway we saw what I think was a half ton truck and bumper pull travel trailer wrecked. I’ve seen similar pictures before, trailer on its side with the pickups rear wheels 18“ off the ground with the trailer still hooked up. A straight stretch of road, interstate, fairly flat. I‘m guess the trailer started wagging and he lost it. 3 lanes wide and he was blocking the entire highway except traffic could barely squeeze by on the inside shoulder. I think they were waiting for the big rig to clean up that mess.
When I see that here in Michigan (a pretty flat place) it's usually a toy hauler type camper. Dad/family loads up the ATVs, dirt bikes and/or SxS into the very rear of the trailer, and you get zero or negative tongue weight on the 1500 pickup - recipe for disaster. You're lucky if the camper ends up only flipping onto its side, because when it goes all the way over, the truck does too and you're in real danger of injury or DEATH.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,946  
My wife was driving when we went by the wreck and I grabbed for my phone to late. It was a fairly long trailer, may or may not have been a toy hauler. Not sure if he was using a WDH or not either. It hard to tell a lot when the rig is a jack knifed twisted mess.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,949  
That poor Jetta. Is that what they mean by

Fahrvergnügen?​