Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,151  
Hope he's looking out for low clearance signs.
Speaking of giraffes sad but true in incident I remembered hearing about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221111-130837.png
    Screenshot_20221111-130837.png
    779.5 KB · Views: 160
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,152  
I couldn't take a photo but a place that makes DEF loaded a tote of it in an F250. An older one. An older lady drove off without doing anything to secure it. I doubt she has a tanker endorsement or CDL. That's required to haul a loaded tote. Since it is clearly not secured she may get stopped and find that out.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,153  
That endorsement is for commercial drivers. If she was in private vehicle, not needed. Probably a farmer and needed for tractors. New tractors burn a lot of DEF!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,155  
That endorsement is for commercial drivers. If she was in private vehicle, not needed. Probably a farmer and needed for tractors. New tractors burn a lot of DEF!
Over 1,001 lbs of hazardous material requires CDL with Hazmat endorsement.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,156  

But farmers are exempt from needing a CDL when hauling commodities, equipment and supplies to and from the farm. and DEF has a not regulated all 0 placard

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,157  

DEF is as hazardeous as pig slurry, the 33% ureum makes it corrosive, thats all. The other 66% is water. Is it really a HazMat ?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,158  

Again, hazmat probably not needed.
Copied straight from your link.

What is a Hazmat Endorsement?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) sets forth the requirements for commercial motor vehicles, the companies that own them, and the drivers that operate them. FMCSA defines “an endorsement as an authorization to an individual’s CLP or CDL required to permit the individual to operate certain types of commercial motor vehicles.”

Please don't confuse people with false facts.
Hazmat endorsements and cdl only applies to commercial drivers.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,159  
Reminds me of seeing nurse trailers bumper pulled by 3/4, one tons. Some have multiple 1000 gal tanks on them think 28 or most of what's hauled in them needs to be placarded. Interesting thing I learned in MI anyway you don't need to get a DOT physical to get your farm endorsement to drive semi and equipment in agriculture, transporting commodities to and from your farm in the state. Yet to get a chauffer lic to drive a company car such as a tow truck during work they require a dot physical to be legal.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,160  
In Missouri, no special license is required for farm operation as long as the truck is owned by the farm, hauling their grain, and operating within a 150 mile radius of home. I do possess a CDL, but have an exemption on my DOT physical because I have a farm address, which means I can drive for a farmer, but not for a commercial carrier. Otherwise, I have to get a current DOT physical. Things often get fuzzy, state to state…