Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,321  
When I was in the service in the early '70s the Kaiser-Jeep manufactured, M715, 5/4 ton truck had a problem of frames breaking just to the rear of the cab where the front and back halves of the frame were commonly improperly welded. Since the Jeep brand is now in the Chrysler-Fiat fold perhaps some legacy weldor is carrying on the Jeep tradition.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,323  
If you look at log trucks, they have to hump the logs to match deezler's picture. If not, they can be stopped for a misload.. Jon
They have to hump the logs by law?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,324  
My guess: The camper has lots of weight up high, rocking forwards and backwards with every bump. Frame flexes a bit each time until if finally has a fatigue break. The same weight low in the bed wouldn't do that.

I've seen half a dozen or so photos like that, all with large campers, but not a weight overload.

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,325  
Sounds logical but if thats the case, on a heavy duty work truck, then there is a lot of false advertising going on.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,326  
... Since the Jeep brand is now in the Chrysler-Fiat fold perhaps some legacy weldor is carrying on the Jeep tradition.
I have a question - I see a lot of soccer-mommy vans with Mercedes logo. Are these just bogus Chrysler vans?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,327  
They have to hump the logs by law?
I know around here in northern Michigan, which has a lot of log trucks, the LEs will look for that hump where the chains or straps touching the top row of logs. Jon

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,329  
I have a question - I see a lot of soccer-mommy vans with Mercedes logo. Are these just bogus Chrysler vans?

The Volkswagen Routan was just a rebadged Chrysler. (Had one)

The small Mercedes is a Metris, (Vito or Vclass in the rest of the world). Not a Chryco, full on Mercedes. We have one now.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,330  
Don't look overloaded on a newer 1 ton Ram, but something gave out.
Google says the base weight of that camper is 4,525lbs! 75 gallons of water capacity full would be 5,150. 32 gallons of fuel in the truck is 5,400. 500lbs of food/clothing/gear puts you at 5,900. Put four people in the cab and you are at the max weight capacity. I don't believe for a second they've never exceeded max weight.