Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,401  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,402  
1671942380242.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,403  
Years ago when the price of "Scrap" was up, the scrappers told of a guy who would haul a stove, washer or dryer in every day behind his bicycle. He got just enough to supply his "Daily Needs", and at the time it wasn't reported as the amount was too low.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,406  
People, not having an emergency, who drive around a barrier, then need a rescue, should pay full cost of the rescue.

Bruce
It got so bad in AZ, with people ignoring or going around barricades, that the state passed a law saying that if you do, you WILL pay the full cost of rescuing your stupid butt.

Don't know about up here (ND).

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,407  
People, not having an emergency, who drive around a barrier, then need a rescue, should pay full cost of the rescue.

Bruce
They do in Arizona. Called "Stupid Motorist Law.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,408  
In Washington it's a negligent driving ticket to go around them.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,409  
I lived on Kwajalein for years. US military base in the Marshall Islands. 2.5 miles long by 1/2 mile wide. No personal vehicles allowed, so everybody biked. Nobody would have even batted an eye at that setup out there.

Common things to see:

55 gallon fish cooler on a bike trailer. For fish, beer or other stuff.
Handlebar basket & saddlebags baskets... holds 4 cases of beer.
Kids in bike trailer
Service dog in a kids bike trailer.
I actually towed my jetski with my bike.

Great times. Drinking & driving resulted in road rash, not life altering injury or death. So culture was skewed in interesting ways.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,410  
Creek crossing story - in 1941 Mom was a social worker responsible for follow-up of patients discharged from the county hospital in Eureka (on California's north coast). Inland from there is remote wild steep logging country. She said a colleague had to drive someone back to the Reservation. His home was up some canyon several hours in on dirt roads. Lady got stuck in a creek crossing somewhere up toward Weitchpec. Mom said they had county cars like '40 ford coupe that would spin the tires where most other cars could go, too much hp, no weight over the drive wheels, and geared too tall to pick your way gingerly over slippery rocks. Finally some locals came along and helped push the car out of the creek. Then asked "Didn't you know to lay down that chicken wire that's on the bank before driving across?" :oops: