Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,771  
I watched one of those car restoration shows recently where they were asked to restore one of those for a train museum.
Apparently there were trucks made specifically for railroads.
The one I saw looked like that but had kind of a funky cow-catcher on the front.

That said, that's quite a jag of wood on that one in the pic.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,772  
Tenant in one of my rentals reported this morning. Someone was hauling their alcohol home in the wee hours this morning and now have a missing right headlight and damaged right quarter panel. Lens fragments were imbedded in the wood. Ft Knox mailbox made in Grants Pass, Oregon undamaged (other than scuffed paint).
92CD86B6-2E24-4274-A48D-35C9D4D09AEA.jpeg

AD55E596-3768-4D4F-8CFB-3E952B0D9552.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,774  
Tenant in one of my rentals reported this morning. Someone was hauling their alcohol home in the wee hours this morning and now have a missing right headlight and damaged right quarter panel. Lens fragments were imbedded in the wood. Ft Knox mailbox made in Grants Pass, Oregon undamaged (other than scuffed paint).
View attachment 783396
View attachment 783397
Last year impair driver took out our granite 5"x5" post mailbox lot of plastic to clean up,4 months later another impair driver took mailbox off the post,I move the mailbox back 2+ feet from the road and the next impair driver hits the mailbox will also be dealing with 3' ditch.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,775  
Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,776  
This might stop some people from hauling arse running from the cops. State law restricts high speed pursuit, so this is a good solution. Not that I agree with the law, but it sounds like it would prevent some unintended results of a high-speed chase.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,777  
Better than the "cop can disable vehicle remotely" idea, for sure.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,778  
Here is their website, they have a shoulder/hand fired launcher as well. Cool stuff.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,779  
No information on this bent frame photo.

frame-bend.jpeg

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,780  
Last year impair driver took out our granite 5"x5" post mailbox lot of plastic to clean up,4 months later another impair driver took mailbox off the post,I move the mailbox back 2+ feet from the road and the next impair driver hits the mailbox will also be dealing with 3' ditch.
My former house was on a deceptive corner that not only was banked the wrong way, it also had a frost heave about halfway thru that wasn't obvious unless you knew it was there. I lost at least one mailbox post a year for the first 10-12 years I lived there. Was a 2' dia pine tree just past the mailbox that had many a chunk missing from it too. It seemed to be mostly teenagers/early 20s drivers.

One time a young lady in a brand new Mustang took that corner too fast and ended up backwards in a wooded section in front of the house, going over a somewhat fallen-down stone wall in the process. What undercarriage components didn't get trashed going in got it when it was winched out by the tow truck. Car couldn't have had more than a couple hundred miles on it. Expensive lesson.

After a while either all those kids moved away or else wised up about that corner as accidents dropped dramatically. Still, it wasn't a driveway you wanted to back out of. 😨