Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,351  
I dunno…. British peoples talk funny…..

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,352  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,354  
Around here, log loads are chained together, but not attached to the truck/trailer.
A couple years ago we took a road trip to the upper midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin) and noticed that log trucks had their loads in cross-wise instead of length-wise. Never seen that before, any particular reason they'd do it that way?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,355  
There are some good "reality" shows. Ice Road Truckers got a little hokey after a while but I enjoyed it because I know one of the original drivers. I like The Amazing Race because they go to a lot of places I've been. Anything with Jeremy Clarkson is fun no matter how scripted it is.
Agreed. I also enjoy Amazing Race (well, most seasons...there were a couple with some really irritating teams) as well as the other show Phil Keoghan hosts Tough As Nails. Kind of like Mountain Men even though I know it's dramatized...beautiful country and some of those guys have some serious skills. Yeah you can tell a lot of the "casual conversations" are scripted...some of them pull it off better than others.
Don't have much use for the "reality" shows that are just showcases for drama queens like the Kadarshians.

I do like watching for product placement in tv shows. Sometimes it's subtle, but other times it's quite blatant.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,356  
How do you know it will stop? What if they kill someone? Then whose fault is it?

What do you expect them to do on a chase? Let people go?
Q1: Then it is their fault. And they will be tried and convicted and punished appropriately.

Q2: I expect them not to destroy equipment and damage other people's property and put everyone around them at risk if there is no impending major risk. If the guy in the tractor (or if it were a vehicle) isn't running into people or running things over then follow until they crash or run out of fuel. Or set up a roadblock (can't be too hard since a tractor doesn't go that fast). But taking the exceptional action of causing a crash and damaging personal and public property and risking harm to the office and the suspect is NOT the right approach. No matter how much you 'care' about the possibilities if you don't. Absent actual demonstrated harm you don't introduce certain harm.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,358  
Q1: Then it is their fault. And they will be tried and convicted and punished appropriately.

Q2: I expect them not to destroy equipment and damage other people's property and put everyone around them at risk if there is no impending major risk. If the guy in the tractor (or if it were a vehicle) isn't running into people or running things over then follow until they crash or run out of fuel. Or set up a roadblock (can't be too hard since a tractor doesn't go that fast). But taking the exceptional action of causing a crash and damaging personal and public property and risking harm to the office and the suspect is NOT the right approach. No matter how much you 'care' about the possibilities if you don't. Absent actual demonstrated harm you don't introduce certain harm.
That’s easy to say when it’s not your relative that gets killed from a chase that they quit chasing.

You must know my wife’s brothers. They also have an answer for everything and are never wrong.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,359  
Lots of areas, counties, states, cities etc have rules and different parameters which warrants the police engaging in a vehicular chase or pursuit. I don't feel like chasing down a tractor is highlighted in there playbook of what to do. Cuz of the rarity.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,360  
That’s easy to say when it’s not your relative that gets killed from a chase that they quit chasing.

You must know my wife’s brothers. They also have an answer for everything and are never wrong.
If it becomes easy for you to throw rational thought out the window and disregard personal and public property/expenses and potential direct risk of action just to justify some actions because "something awful might happen" then your emotions have overtaken you. Basing our actions and decisions on preventing worst-case scenarios is just not realistic. The costs - to property and liberties - become far too great.

I'm not "never wrong" and I don't have an answer for everything. But I do have strong feelings on government and authorities' methods. And I'll make decisions without emotions being the main driver and expect those we elect and employ to do the same.

Also:
easy to say when it’s not your relative that gets killed from a chase that they quit chasing

Many police departments have explicit policies that force them to STOP CHASING when the potential actions may lead to public endangerment. Think about that... They don't have 'STOP OFFENDER AT ALL COSTS' policies. You're kinda arguing against yourself here.