Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,361  
A couple years ago we took a road trip to the upper midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin) and noticed that log trucks had their loads in cross-wise instead of length-wise. Never seen that before, any particular reason they'd do it that way?
If they were crossways, they could only be 8 feet, so they were probably going to a stud mill. Back in the early 70's, Georgia Pacific bought the Moyie River Lumber Co. and put in a stud mill. I got a 1 ton Chevy flatbed and cut stud logs for a few summers. The reason for loading them that way is it was easier, they secured better with just one chain/cable, and they could be unloaded without equipment as well. Plus, the truck could be used for other flatbed purposes as well since it didn't have dedicated bunks.
There were still plenty of big rigs hauling in 32 footers as well.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,362  
If it becomes easy for you to throw rational thought out the window and disregard personal and public property/expenses and potential direct risk of action just to justify some actions because "something awful might happen" then your emotions have overtaken you. Basing our actions and decisions on preventing worst-case scenarios is just not realistic. The costs - to property and liberties - become far too great.

I'm not "never wrong" and I don't have an answer for everything. But I do have strong feelings on government and authorities' methods. And I'll make decisions without emotions being the main driver and expect those we elect and employ to do the same.

Also:

Many police departments have explicit policies that force them to STOP CHASING when the potential actions may lead to public endangerment. Think about that... They don't have 'STOP OFFENDER AT ALL COSTS' policies. You're kinda arguing against yourself here.
I’m not arguing against myself. I’ve got friends and family in law enforcement, they have had to deal with calling off a chase and having a innocent bystander get killed 5 to 10 minutes later because the bad guy is still driving like a mad man

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,367  
Go to the burger joint up the street.
Order a double whatever and ask for LOTS of extra salt.
Back at the truck, empty all the little packets under and around the tires.
Eat the burger while waiting for the salt to melt the ice.

Spinning faster on ice doesn't make you go faster.
To play hockey you have to strap knives to your feet for traction.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,368  
Lots of areas, counties, states, cities etc have rules and different parameters which warrants the police engaging in a vehicular chase or pursuit. I don't feel like chasing down a tractor is highlighted in there playbook of what to do. Cuz of the rarity.
I wonder what the regulations are when something like this happens. :ROFLMAO:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,370  
There are some good "reality" shows. Ice Road Truckers got a little hokey after a while but I enjoyed it because I know one of the original drivers. I like The Amazing Race because they go to a lot of places I've been. Anything with Jeremy Clarkson is fun no matter how scripted it is.
I just watched Jeremy Clarkson's Farm tonight. It was the episode where he bought his 80 sheep(s) and used a drone with a "bark" to round them up. They pushed down his fences, he had the electric fence touching their metal water trough, he ran around trying to round them up. The guy that fixed his dry stone wall fences was funny as well. Yes it' all well scripted, flows well, has good story lines and running jokes. Last week it was the episode where he bought his Lamborghini tractor. Where all the women in the episode see it and say "It's big" :)
Mike