Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,631  
That's a design/build looking for a break to happen, very poor design IMHO

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,632  
Last pic is of roadside repair.
Well, no matter how smart or stupid you are, that is one heck of an impressive roadside repair. I was expecting tie straps and perforated metal plumber's tape.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,633  
Well, no matter how smart or stupid you are, that is one heck of an impressive roadside repair. I was expecting tie straps and perforated metal plumber's tape.
I absolutely agree it's a fantastic repair, but Im afraid I can't take credit for it. I scored an excellent mobile welder out of Pocatello came out on a Sunday morning and fixed it on the shoulder of a freeway on-ramp with a gas powered Miller stick welder tossed into the back of his pickup, an angle grinder, and only charged me $500. I tipped him an extra hundred and gave him a set of safety triangles. I would have been happy paying him twice that for saving my butt that day. He couldn't have been more than 25 years old trying to start his own business. I feel like I hit the lottery again finding him that morning

My backup plan was purchasing a harbor freight wire feed welder, generator, angle grinder, and I would have used 4' long angle iron pieces and I guarantee it wouldn't have looked that nice

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,635  
View attachment 838964

I wanna know how they got it in there without destroying the tailgate...
probably an overhead crane, would have been a little better to turn it around so the counterweight would be more centered in the truck. Still not a good way to haul it!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,636  
I asked a friend that works as a CalTrans engineer whats with all the new lane stripping and signal lights with yellow borders added to the shroud… he said it’s to enhance the ability to detect for motorists and self driving…

I said what about all the bike lane striping and trafficators going in especially in areas where bikes are never seen and likewise it’s to establish visible demarcation…

I have seen those reflective borders here in Oklahoma too, along with bike lanes where no one ever rides a bike! Then, in downtown Tulsa they put "parking" lanes in what was once a driving lane, with a bike lane along the curb. You feel like you are parking in the middle of the street! Well, really, you are!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,640  
I absolutely agree it's a fantastic repair, but Im afraid I can't take credit for it. I scored an excellent mobile welder out of Pocatello came out on a Sunday morning and fixed it on the shoulder of a freeway on-ramp with a gas powered Miller stick welder tossed into the back of his pickup, an angle grinder, and only charged me $500. I tipped him an extra hundred and gave him a set of safety triangles. I would have been happy paying him twice that for saving my butt that day. He couldn't have been more than 25 years old trying to start his own business. I feel like I hit the lottery again finding him that morning

My backup plan was purchasing a harbor freight wire feed welder, generator, angle grinder, and I would have used 4' long angle iron pieces and I guarantee it wouldn't have looked that nice
Is there a story there?
Or lottery being you saw the break before it became tragic?