Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,921  
I'd be willing to bet that just installing two cameras, and switching between them based on tailgate position, is going to be cheaper than any mechanical gimbled solution.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,922  
What about the sensors in the bumper? Replace one of those with a camera. Jon

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,923  
That can cover a lot of territory from election candidates to scammers. Imagine if the phone call saying your grandkid is in trouble includes an AI conversation with "him" begging for help, to make it more realistic.

This is already happening. Scammers use AI to enhance their family emergency schemes

My parents had gotten phone calls from "the county jail"... I know of at least one time before the internet that it was a collect call, which my father didn't accept.

A few months ago a contractor for the utility was installing a free transfer meter and I was hanging around chatting with him as he did it. He told me his grandson had texted him asking for money and said that he didn't sound as respectful as normal. I told him that it's a common scam and that he should call the grandson and talk to him to verify.

That works now, but might not for long. If the scammers can make the phone call go to them instead of the grandson they can use ai voice cloning.

I told my wife about ai voice cloning the other day and she said we need to authenticate with trivia only we know, like the location in the house where the cat threw up last.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,924  
I wonder why a truck manufacturer hasn't come up with a multi-view tailgate camera system that has a lens in the normal handle location and another in the top edge of the tailgate. It could auto-sense the tailgate orientation and automatically stream the proper view angle. Maybe I should patent that... :)
I just wish someone would find a way so the camera doesn't get covered with grime 5 minutes after you start driving on a wet road.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,925  
I just wish someone would find a way so the camera doesn't get covered with grime 5 minutes after you start driving on a wet road.
And it seems like they have spray nozzles to clean headlights, rear window etc. you would think spraying the camera would exist by now. Hell seats buzz when cars get too close…. Spraying off the camera doesn’t seem like rocket science. But neither does getting to an oil filter or changing trans fluid. But that is impossible these days…

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,926  
I told my wife about ai voice cloning the other day and she said we need to authenticate with trivia only we know, like the location in the house where the cat threw up last.
Depending on the day this could be a toughy. I saw cat barf in the hallway by the bedroom (almost stepped in it) but she may've seen some by the elliptical that she uses and I don't frequent that area... then again we've got more than one of the furry barfers...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,927  
I did it to myself a few days ago. I bent the top edge of my tailgate turning to sharp with the tailgate down. I’ve been having problems with my back up camera off and on for a year but it’s been fine lately. I now realize the tailgate camera was showing a closeup of the front of the trailer. I found a used tailgate in the same color for $765 that i will hopefully get today.
View attachment 853765
I did about the same thing to the tailgate on my F-250, not quite as badly bent, but still it irks me that I did it. it caught the trailer tongue jack at just the perfect combination of angle and turn.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,928  
This is already happening. Scammers use AI to enhance their family emergency schemes

A few months ago a contractor for the utility was installing a free transfer meter and I was hanging around chatting with him as he did it. He told me his grandson had texted him asking for money and said that he didn't sound as respectful as normal. I told him that it's a common scam and that he should call the grandson and talk to him to verify.

That works now, but might not for long. If the scammers can make the phone call go to them instead of the grandson they can use ai voice cloning.

I got a text from a BIL asking me to sign into a website about some grant given to seniors and telling me how great it was and how much he was getting. Being suspicious, I asked him his wife's maiden name. (Our wives were sisters) Last text I ever received from that number. My BIL had gotten a new phone number and the old number was still in my phone.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,929  
I got lucky and found a used tailgate for my truck, the correct color and everything. It was a little scratched up but it buffed out pretty good. Not cheap at about $770 with tax and all. A before and after of one of the scratched up areas.
IMG_2769.jpeg
IMG_2770.jpeg