Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,941  
Where I grew up it was all 2 lane roads, so there wasn't ever anyone on the right side. :ROFLMAO:
It was the same where I grew up and then the freeway came through town. It used to be that I avoided 2 lane roads after that and preferred the freeway. Now that I am old(er) It's the opposite. I prefer the two lane roads and avoid the freeway. However, since moving to north central Washington, it is no longer a matter of choice. Nearest freeway is about 120 miles away.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,942  
They also didn't have huge headrests and thick door posts to accommodate airbags. These have reduced visibility. At one time you had almost 360' visibility in a pickup. Now it's much more limited, especially when trying to see what's coming up behind you on the right.
Before that one time, you had to order the large rear window to get close to 360 degrees.

For seeing what's coming up behind me on the right, I use the (now standard) right side mirror.

Although, mostly driving on 2-lane roads it's not an issue. And on multi lane roads I'd be quite embarrassed if about to be passed on the right. Plus, it's rare that I get passed on any kind of road.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,943  
Yes, but people are stupider now.
Are they? Or have skills been depreciated by gadgets?
Self parking cars, lane departure, collision avoidance, back up cameras, distance sensors so you just listen for the warning beep
instead of actually learning where your vehicle bumpers and fenders are.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,944  
Are they? Or have skills been depreciated by gadgets?
Self parking cars, lane departure, collision avoidance, back up cameras, distance sensors so you just listen for the warning beep
instead of actually learning where your vehicle bumpers and fenders are.
Stupidity doesn’t define the lack of the ability to learn, only the lack of bothering to learn.

Public (Socialized) “Education” is a misnomer.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,945  
IMG_0424.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,946  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,948  
Before that one time, you had to order the large rear window to get close to 360 degrees.

For seeing what's coming up behind me on the right, I use the (now standard) right side mirror.

Although, mostly driving on 2-lane roads it's not an issue. And on multi lane roads I'd be quite embarrassed if about to be passed on the right. Plus, it's rare that I get passed on any kind of road.
I was thinking more about pulling into traffic, or making a left turn onto the highway. There are a lot of intersections where you come in at an angle. I try to put the truck at a 90 degree angle to the road I'm entering, otherwise you have a narrow field of vision between the back of the front seat and the rear door pillar. I have had people pull around me when I do so.

Apparently my left blinker and that double yellow line don't mean anything.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,949  
I was thinking more about pulling into traffic, or making a left turn onto the highway. There are a lot of intersections where you come in at an angle. I try to put the truck at a 90 degree angle to the road I'm entering, otherwise you have a narrow field of vision between the back of the front seat and the rear door pillar. I have had people pull around me when I do so.

Apparently my left blinker and that double yellow line don't mean anything.
I can relate to that. Drove a K5 Blazer with covered side and rear windows in Los Angeles traffic for about 10 years. And a Peterbilt with a sleeper, so also no side visibility except for the door windows.

These days, a 2-door Jeep JK with no side windows in the soft top. What makes that one a bit different is that it's right hand drive. That helps in some angled junctions, but hurts in others.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,950  
Just what we need, another (very very small) wiper blade to try and change out... :D
Our 2005 Volvo had little pop-up windshield washer nozzles in front of each head lamp, that squirted washer fluid onto them to melt ice and snow. No need for a wiper, they just blew dry. Not sure if that would work on a camera, might cause too much aberration of the image while wet, but would be interesting to try.