Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,971  
Or at least heated headlamp housings, which may be more practical, only firing up with the windshield wipers or heated mirrors. There are many high-KT plastics, I use some in my business, although I don't know if any are clear enough to use as a headlamp lens.

I tried all LED's in my lamp posts, and had the same problem, they'd be completely frosted over most winter nights. Since each holds three bulbs, I switched to running 2xLED and 1xIncandescant, to provide just enough heat to keep the glass clear. Works pretty well, and keeps the advantages of lower power usage and less frequent bulb changes (in theory) of LED's.

I'm an EE, and have been working with LED's for 40 years. But the household LED light assemblies have been very hit or miss on internal circuitry failure rates. I've had many that don't last as long as a typical incandescent, then others that have been running more than a decade, with no sign of ending. If properly designed, their MTTF should be around 1M hours = 100+ years of 24/7 use... basically the socket or plastic shell should corrode, before the electronics fail. But in commercial electronics, it's all about budget and cost, and stupid component or design decisions are often made to shave pennies.
What is a EE?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,975  
How bout my loads ?? once its bottom out there is no weight limit right ?? I must admit I hold back on the first picture, there was some room left and yes I strap it and put the chainsaw away before leaving, the pictures have been taken before I did...

1709295072205.png
1709295092724.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,976  
Rock, how far did you travel with that load? Jon

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,977  
Rock, how far did you travel with that load? Jon
4 miles down the bush road and 10 miles down the HWY I wouldn't go faster then 50 miles per hours on the HWY because it would start to dance around if I would go faster... I did like 4 or 5 of these load...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,978  
4 miles down the bush road and 10 miles down the HWY I wouldn't go faster then 50 miles per hours on the HWY because it would start to dance around if I would go faster... I did like 4 or 5 of these load...
Did a couple of loads that the 12ft logs were longer then the trailer deck. If I got going to fast, over 35mph, tail wantd to wag the dog. Not fun. Kept the speed down. Jon

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,979  
Dude... time to buy yourself a trailer!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,980  
Did a couple of loads that the 12ft logs were longer then the trailer deck. If I got going to fast, over 35mph, tail wantd to wag the dog. Not fun. Kept the speed down. Jon
ouch that pretty slow to start swaging but yeah rear heavy that what happened, I was surprise to see it happening on a truck bed as well but it makes sense. I would usually bring a trailer and load the trailer instead but in this case I was skidding logs to the road so with a trailer it's annoying...