Shear pin

/ Shear pin #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi all wondering if someone knows what size shear pin to use on my Kioti KS 66 snowblower the one that connects the driveshaft to the chain for running the augers. It sits inside the square box on the blower. This is a front mounted blower. Thanks for anyone who knows.

/ Shear pin #2  
Generally should be whatever fits the hole, probably a 5/16 or possibly 1/4” . I’d start out with a grade 2 . Have you got a dealer to call and ask?

/ Shear pin
Yes, I had called them and they could not find anything on my specific blower. This is the reason why I was asking here.
Finally got an answer from the Dealer.
1/4 x 1" grade 2 or 5.
I chose 1/4 x1 1/4' grade 2.
Thanks for responding.

/ Shear pin #4  
Hi all wondering if someone knows what size shear pin to use on my Kioti KS 66 snowblower the one that connects the driveshaft to the chain for running the augers. It sits inside the square box on the blower. This is a front mounted blower. Thanks for anyone who knows.

Just use a grade 2 bolt in whatever size fits as a sheer pin. Grade 2 hardware has no marks on the head of the bolt and is normally found in bulk at the local fleet stores.

/ Shear pin #5  
Yes, I had called them and they could not find anything on my specific blower. This is the reason why I was asking here.
Finally got an answer from the Dealer.
1/4 x 1" grade 2 or 5.
I chose 1/4 x1 1/4' grade 2.
Thanks for responding.
Grade 2 will probably be a nuisance. Will shear more often and smear as it shears. This can gall the shear zone. Gr 5 is hard enough to shear cleanly. Gr 8 is often too hard and strong, risking damage to the shear zone and/or equipment.

/ Shear pin #6  
I came here with the same question. I'm very surprised the shear bolt spec is not shown in the owners manual, I've looked several times. Guess I'll go w/ 1/4" grade 2 or 5 but the short bolts I have on hand are full thread to the head and I don't like having the threaded part in the shear zone.

/ Shear pin #7  
My 72" Kioti blower is 1/4", I run grade 5 bolts, anything less and you're constantly changing out the bolt when you grab a piece of ice wrong.

Never had an issue, the grade 5 will break if you pull anything too substantial.