Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #31  
Michael,
I too have a Koyker front loader for my SD 1840 and I have learned not to load it too heavily. If you learn the lube specs please let us all know. I'd love to know the New Holland model number that is supposed to be similar. I purchased a Ford manual that was supposed to be similar and the profile of the tractor is similar, but all the levers etc are located differently so its of no value to me.

Rich

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #32  
Michael,
I too have a Koyker front loader for my SD 1840 and I have learned not to load it too heavily. If you learn the lube specs please let us all know. I'd love to know the New Holland model number that is supposed to be similar. I purchased a Ford manual that was supposed to be similar and the profile of the tractor is similar, but all the levers etc are located differently so its of no value to me.

Rich

Old thread chiming in.
I just purchased a SD1840 with an Allied backhoe & loader attached and I was given a Ford 1500 manual with it.. the owner told me it was the same tractor. I have not had a chance to research this yet..

My engine runs but not properly.. the previous owner said tractor would not start and he noticed the water seperator was half filled with water, so he thought that the fuel pump might be contaminated with water.. so he installed a rebuilt Fuel pump ($900) had the Head resurfaced, a couple new valves, 2 injectors,
When finished with the work the tractor started, but it runs bad.
He said it did not have power to operate attachments.
He thinks that the reason it is running poorly now is that the Fuel injection timing could be off?
Any ideas?
I am going to tinker with it on trailer for a couple weeks.. then bring it to a mechanic if I can not figure it out.
Anyone have any ideas on remedy?

Thanks

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #33  
Back online. Working on the SD 1840 Shibaura again. Reading old threads to bring myself up-to-speed. I did purchase a Parts List. Some English...some Japanese. Helps a bit, but oft times confusing because it addresses both the SD1800 and the SD1840. I've been told that the operator's and service manual are availablel in Japanese only. If someone has discovered otherwise, please advise.

For greasing all the fittings, I'm using Lucas products. Was advised this was as good as any. I've had several tractor mechanics tell me to just use Walmart's generic lubricants--SuperTech--both the heavy duty hydraulic/transmission oil. and 15-40W heavy duty oil. Just don't mix. I'm sure there are many opinions on the issue, but they work on tractors all the time, so I'll live with their word.

Hydraulics issue with the loader, so I am taking the time to explore the tractor a bit more. Based on the parts manual, I have attempted to locate the hydraulic system filter(s) to no avail. My tractor, as many have indicated, does not exactly follow the schematics. I've traced down all connections to the hydraulic system, remove and inspect for blockage, but no filters at this juncture. I have two more locations to disassemble, hopefully to locate a filter.

Front loader will not lift unless I raise the box scraper, at which point it raises. Shut off, or lower the lift, the loader remains, doesn't sag. I can operate the scoop, though a bit sluggish. The hydraulic cylinders were rebuilt a couple years back, so they are not my primary suspect. If I drive the tractor around the yard and lower the loader, it raises, but very slowly. Again, operate the scraper, and the loader rises. Couple of backyard mechanics suggested the filter issue (possibly blockage), so that is why I am slowly going through the entire system to eliminate causes. Last option will be another cylinder rebuild. Win some. Lose some.

Any ideas would be great. It's dark outside, but I'll post some pictures later to show the various locations I've inspected thus far.

Hope everyone is doing well.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #34  
I have an SD 1840. I typically use WIX or FRAM. They seem to work fine. Changing oil today, and I'm using a FRAM PH 3682.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #35  
I have gone through the entire tractor, front to rear. Traced every hydraulic line to the loader controls and to every point on the tractor. Cannot locate a filter anywhere. If anyone has an suggestion of where else to look, would certainly appreciate it. Conducting routine maintenance (oil change, antifreeze, cleaning/painting, and eventually hydraulic fluid if I can get the loader working again). Time to sell. Moving onto Kubota. Just purchase a new (used) 2018 L3901. Less than 100 hours on the equipment.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #36  
On my SD1840, the hydraulic filter is in the canister above the hydraulic pump on the front of the engine on the same side as the injector pump. The pick up tube (large line) pulls fluid from the transmission reservoir just under the right side foot rest. I checked in the reservoir and there was no screen or filter in there on my tractor.