Shipping a tractor

/ Shipping a tractor #21  
If you are buying a new unit from a dealer why not buy local. Surely they could come close to the same price.

/ Shipping a tractor #22  
Haaaaaaaa. . . Okanaganjim, that is so funny. I have a 7000# trailer also, and wondered if I could haul my MX5400. The only thing is, I didn’t know how much it weighed. I knew how much the tractor weighed, but I couldn’t find the weight of the loader or bucket anywhere. Plus, I didn’t know how much the liquid filled rear tires weighed.

So, I called a Highway Patrol friend and he brought some portable scales. After adding up the 4 scales, it came out to be 6200#.

yours looks so Clean😁😁😁
8550CF31-7D02-4FB8-A676-68C4C5406D72.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Shipping a tractor #24  
Ah yes, another light duty bendable dirt bucket.

Fixed that problem. Maybe next we can work on the tractor being able to lift it.
IMG_2523.JPG

/ Shipping a tractor #25  
Yes that was last years challenge. Wife wanted a new camping fifth wheel that required a truck upgrade. Now have a one ton dually. I will get some quotes and decide what to do. Thanks for everyone's input.

Jim

Every time my wife talks about a 5er upgrade I tell her the limit is the current length of the storage barn and what I can tow with my 3/4 ton. Not adding to the barn and I'm not stepping up to 6 tires....

/ Shipping a tractor #26  
The shipping distance for this is 1700 miles. Even at $2 a mile that's pretty steep. I may just go pick it up myself but of course my current trailer is a tad under rated for the load. I have a 7,000 trailer and the tractor with loader weighs in at 6200. Guess I will need a new trailer but I will need one anyway.
I'm not sure of this conclusion, but some others will be able to speak up. Figure 1200 for the trailer (for this post - you should weigh it). Brings total weight to 7400 lbs. I think you've got 2 -3500 lb axles. You'll be putting 10% - 15% on the ball, so 740 to 1,000 lbs. Seems the trailer would NOT be overloaded. Check tire capability and be sure bearings and brakes in good condition.

/ Shipping a tractor #29  
Big ditch witch ride on machine. Way cheaper than I can haul it.