Shipping containers.

/ Shipping containers. #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Friend strongly thinking about purchasing shipping container for tractor and attachments,other than good ventilation some sort solid base your thoughts.

/ Shipping containers. #2  
Any shortcomings will be a heck of a lot better than the UV damage that will occur with nothing.

/ Shipping containers. #3  
measure the rops for clearance. lots are just over 8 feet. regular containers are 8' at the doors. a hi-cube container is 9' at the doors.

/ Shipping containers. #4  
I could see ROPS height being an issue but most fold down. Be aware things must go in one after another which could make a hassle storing multiple implements. I have seen holes cut into the side and garage door added.

/ Shipping containers. #5  
I thought about this too. I thought of strapping the outside to install metal siding. And a garage door in the front while swinging doors remain inside that. Only reason was to make it look a little better. It’s at least arson proof

/ Shipping containers. #6  
I could see ROPS height being an issue but most fold down. Be aware things must go in one after another which could make a hassle storing multiple implements. I have seen holes cut into the side and garage door added.
It might be a good time for a skid steer quick attach on an FEL and a set of good forks. Would make quick work of stacking and un-stacking the hangar, so to speak.

/ Shipping containers. #7  
Insulated if you can find one. I have several and the 9 foot tall insulated unit is much nicer than the std 8 foot tall non-insulated units.

/ Shipping containers. #8  
I thought about this too. I thought of strapping the outside to install metal siding. And a garage door in the front while swinging doors remain inside that. Only reason was to make it look a little better. It’s at least arson proof
Maybe arson resistant, but nothing's criminal proof. But it would look very nice, I'm sure.

/ Shipping containers. #9  
I too, was going to use two 20 ft containers on a remote propriety to store my tractor and trailer so I don't have to constantly move it back and forth. I was going to set them appart, the build a roof and enclose the entire thing in the future. However, after pricing a single 20 ft container, I found out that it went from $800 each, 2 or 3 years ago, to $2700 and I needed two of those. Plus, they are just not available right now.

I had the pad ready for the containers to be dropped off, then started getting some quotes on some materials for a metal building and quickly figured out I can build a 34 ft by 20 ft metal building for somewhere around $2500. Doing this way, will also give me a lot more useable space.

/ Shipping containers. #10  
Is that a pole barn with metal siding or a factory metal dome hut?