Shipping vehicle cross country. Experiences?

/ Shipping vehicle cross country. Experiences? #11  
Yes. It's a 50 state legal Cummins.
Dealers on the whole west coast and Idaho are only 6-8% off msrp. I got 12.5% off from a high volume dealer. I've purchsed new vehicles from out of state a couple of times. Even though they are 50 state legal, in California you must pay $65 for a "smog certificate", and of course sales tax.
2300 miles from dealer to my place. I've done that "across Texas" trip a few times in years past. For me, I'll pay the 1300-1500 to have it shipped and save the time and headache of it all. Also, I don thinks runing a new motor at highway speeds any length of time is a good idea.

thanks impressive. what did they charge you for dealer fees?

I just got a F250 custom order. Im in NJ, and need to go to central VA. My plan is to drive my honda down, pickup a uhaul car dolly, and tow it back, the 3000 honda is 20 percent of max tow.

I was talking to a RAM dealer in KY, he changed the prices once he found out I was from out of state.

/ Shipping vehicle cross country. Experiences? #12  
"Dealers on the whole west coast and Idaho are only 6-8% off msrp. I got 12.5% off from a high volume dealer."
Did you try Dave Smith in Idaho?
Did you also factor in the expense of getting it home?

"I in California you must pay $65 for a "smog certificate", and of course sales tax."
Arnt you going to have to pay that anyway when you license it when you get it home?

/ Shipping vehicle cross country. Experiences? #13  
I'm not suggesting you do this but.....I did. I've taken many more chances than most people I know, and i have the scars to prove it.

I rented a big u haul truck, filled up 1/2 of it with my stuff. I found a young couple moving to Phoenix, on craig's list. I was going to Scottsdale so a good fit. His wife had just been accepted to med school so i figured they were not street people.

They drove the truck pulling my little bmw on a dolly and i flew. I paid expenses. Everything worked out but, we all know, it could have gone bad.

All I could think about was that couple driving into mexico and selling everything, including the truck.

Funny part was, i picked up the truck from the kid and didn't get 3 miles down the road and ran outta fuel!

That's an option, find some one to drive it.