Shop light suggestions

/ Shop light suggestions #41  
A friend got a deal a while back on 10 four foot foot long four tube T-8 fluorescent lighting fixtures including tubes ($2/ea) so he bought 4 of the direct replacement LED tubes from Costco just to see what they were like. We swapped them out last weekend and we were both very pleased with the light output. The tubes said they were only for the quick start ballasts and were about $20/pair.

/ Shop light suggestions #42  
IMG_3647.JPGIMG_3648.JPG

I looked seriously at the LED UFOs and then found these on eBay. The folks were easy to work with. I was able to coordinate delivery dates etc via text.

The lights work well. My shop is 25x40' with a sloped ceiling 17' on the high side and 14' on the low side. I chose to upsize 1 size based on the eBay description. I would only need task lighting under a vehicle or tractor- the rest of the shop is very well lit.

LED High Bay Warehouse Light Bright White Fixture Factory 250W-1000W Equivalent | eBay

/ Shop light suggestions #43  
Finally finished my 40x60 shop and now I'm trying to decide on what to do for lighting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was thinking about 6 of these lights

View attachment 504091

Reflected light from he floor is a great way to eliminate shadows and get the most from the overhead lights. A white floor painted with a quality Urethane enamel with several coats of clear Urethane makes a lot of difference. I have done it with previous shops. Nice for garages also.

Ron

/ Shop light suggestions #44  
Reflected light from he floor is a great way to eliminate shadows and get the most from the overhead lights. A white floor painted with a quality Urethane enamel with several coats of clear Urethane makes a lot of difference. I have done it with previous shops. Nice for garages also.

Ron
Hi Ron, I would love to 'paint' my garage slab to improve reflection and lighten the space up. Problem I have is periodic moisture/condensation on the surface and I'm not sure anything with hold long term... last thing I need to do is create a mess. Deserves another thread... OP sorry for the off topic comment.