Shop photos

/ Shop photos #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
By, I'm getting like Harv here with the photos! Here are a few shots of my shop that I built about 4 years ago. It is 24' X 26' and has cement on both floors. Thats my Zamboni on the top floor, just pulled it in to get it ready for the upcoming season.

Von

/ Shop photos
See photo for reason for Zamboni, I just regraded out the ice rink. It measures 90' X 145'. I just put the plug in so the next few good rains should fill it in.

Von

/ Shop photos #3  
Von -

Great pictures. All of them. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Probably wasn't necessary to aim that other thread at me -- I think there's a lot of folks who are interested in your home-made attachments.

Von, I've got to tell you, you're definitely the first person I have encountered personally who owns his own Zamboni. What's the story behind that? You hang out with Kristi Yamaguchi?

Your 3-pt weight reminds me that I have a whole pile of lead waiting for me to convert into wheel weights. So much to do -- so little time. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

You're also pouring fuel on my desire to take up welding. Anybody have some extra time and money they can loan me?

Your 35-gallon fuel-pumping station looks great. For me that would be about a year's supply. As for convenience, it sounds like Bob Pence has the 5-gallon jug-hoisting idea worked out pretty well. Might be a toss-up at this point. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Keep them photos coming. It's very satisfying to see what has previously been words come to life in your pictures.

HarvSig.gif

/ Shop photos
Harv,
Both my kids play hockey as well as I still do. So the ice rink is something that gets a lot of use. As for the Zamboni, I was talking to a friend about my rink and all I said was "I get a Zamboni and I'm all set" Next thing you know he states he has one he wants to get out of his side yard that has been there for 3 yrs. He runs one of the local rinks and this was the old back up one. It wasen't working and they just didn't want to put any money in it. "So it was come and get it if you want it". All it needed was a carb rebuild kit and a tune-up. It works great for what I do, but would not hold up to being used every hour every day like they needed. So it was a matter of being at the right place at the right time. And you should have seen my wife's face when I dragged that thing home! She looked at it and shook her head, then walked back in the house. After all these years you would think she would be use to it by now. Oh well, If she kicks me out I can sleep it the shop, its heated.

Von

/ Shop photos #5  
Von, after seeing your shop (it's a beauty!), I wouldn't dream of posting a pic of my shop! You even have a top and bottom floors! Must be fun hauling tools back and forth though!

/ Shop photos #6  
Von -

I don't want my wife to think I spend all day locked in my home office reading TractorByNet, so I only occassionaly relate stories to her from the board.

This one, however -- the guy with a skating rink in his back yard and a Zamboni in his shop -- I definitely told her about.

She loved it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Shop photos #7  
I am sure there a few (like me) that are amongst the uneducated, what the heck is a Zamboni? Something for dressing Ice surfaces I assume? Post a closeup pic of that dude!

/ Shop photos #8  
In the early 70s I worked as a security gard at the Iceland skating arena in Paramount California> It was owned by the Zamboni family. Some Olypic skaters practiced there. jim

/ Shop photos #9  
Von:
What a Palace! Beautiful work on the building. Nice use of the hill side to get the two floors with vehicle access.
Did you do the excavation with your tractor?

Bill

/ Shop photos #10  
What a great workshop!!!!! You really used the existing terrain to gain maximum usage. I'm thinking of adding on to my little pole barn. You available at reasonable rates?

Bob Pence