Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower

/ Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower #1  

adlertom

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33DA hydro w/supersteer
I'm considering getting a UTV to use for snowblowing plus general property/trail maintenance. I'd like something with side by side seating that carries 2 or more people, with an enclosed cab.

In the winter, I have a 1000' driveway that I need to snowblow (prefer a snowblower to a plow blade) so I'm looking for something with a front PTO or hydraulics.

In the summer, I have 47 acres with trails, some with pretty steep slopes. So I need something with a good AWD system and higher ground clearance.

I already have a New Holland TC33DA tractor with a FEL/grapple bucket and rotary cutter, that I will keep for brush cutting and bucket/wood hauling work. I do have a PTO snowblower for the tractor, but am getting tired of sitting outside and twisting my neck backwards in order to blow snow. So, looking to no longer do that with the tractor.

What are the current offerings for this on the market? There don't seem to be too many UTVs with PTO that can power a snowblower. I've found Bobcat UV34, BobCat ToolCat (expensive and probably overkill for me) Polaris Pro XD, and Kubota RTVX1100C. Are there other brands to consider?

Last edited:
   / Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower #2  
Another machine that would work is a front deck 4x4 mower with a cab:

kubotafz2100.jpg
F725.jpg
toro.JPG

/ Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower #3  
Kubota X1100C snowblower setup will set you back about $10k. I looked at it 2 years ago but went with a boss v-plow instead because I have the room to push the snow. It may still be something I consider, but very pricey. Designed for commercial applications.

/ Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower
Kubota X1100C snowblower setup will set you back about $10k. I looked at it 2 years ago but went with a boss v-plow instead because I have the room to push the snow. It may still be something I consider, but very pricey. Designed for commercial applications.

Is that $10K on top of the UTV price? If so, then yes that is expensive.

/ Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower #6  
You can buy a front snow blower that has it's own engine and mount it on the front of any S&S that goes slow enough...

SR

/ Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower #7  
Is that $10K on top of the UTV price? If so, then yes that is expensive.
Yes it is. So you are looking at around $30k without taxes for X1100C and that K-connect and blower. Also I am not quite sure if you are looking for a "work" machine only or something that is fun as well. The Kubota diesels are work machines. Yes mine goes 22 mph...but not much acceleration...so it is not meant for fun.

/ Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower #8  
Just following to see where this thread goes. A cabbed UTV setup for snow can readily hit 30K. No blowers involved. :LOL:

Yes it is. So you are looking at around $30k without taxes for X1100C and that K-connect and blower. Also I am not quite sure if you are looking for a "work" machine only or something that is fun as well. The Kubota diesels are work machines. Yes mine goes 22 mph...but not much acceleration...so it is not meant for fun.

I'm totally fine with a "work" focused machine.

Yeah, that's too much money to blow snow. I may have to settle for a plow blade instead of a front snowblower. There are some spots on my driveway with very little room, where my current tractor rear PTO snowblower is really nice to have, but most of it I could plow. I could perhaps do most of the driveway with a plow blade, and then just do cleanup and the difficult spots with my current PTO snowblower.

So, if I eliminate my front PTO requirement, that opens up a lot more options, including the electric UTVs.

/ Shopping for a UTV with front PTO for snowblower #10  
So, if I eliminate my front PTO requirement, that opens up a lot more options, including the electric UTVs.

1628273424758.png

snow plow.JPG

Last edited: