Short operator, seat modification kubota L2800

/ Short operator, seat modification kubota L2800 #1  

MiniDonkey22

Tractor
John Deere
My wife is 5 2", and the seat on the kubota L2800 we are looking to buy doesn't forward enough for her to operate pedals fully seated. Has anyone modified or replaced the seat to position if farther forward? looks like we could try drilling new mounting holes. Curiously, several other tractors have much more movement in the seat, but this is a deal we cant pass up.

/ Short operator, seat modification kubota L2800 #2  
A little funny, I bought a L2800 HST for my wife to be able to drive it (she doesn't want to deal with gears). She just doesn't really care to drive it now and I drive it for her... No problem.

I've added washers to tilt my seat backwards but have not moved it forward any. I think you should be able to bolt on some metal to the existing holes then bolt the seat to that closer. It's only 4 bolts holding it down.

The seats on the early L's were not the smoothest out there. How far does the seat move as is? I wonder if it might not be sliding as far as it can. Other things about those seats were the mechanical suspension was stuck (and it did not bounce up and down.

I just talked to a guy about another L2800 - you might find some of that information useful. If you have any questions about it, just ask... I love mine.

/ Short operator, seat modification kubota L2800 #3  
My wife is 5 2", and the seat on the kubota L2800 we are looking to buy doesn't forward enough for her to operate pedals fully seated. Has anyone modified or replaced the seat to position if farther forward? looks like we could try drilling new mounting holes. Curiously, several other tractors have much more movement in the seat, but this is a deal we cant pass up.
I have an L3301 that I had the opposite problem; I had to move the seat back 3 inches. My son made some sort of simple metal plate that was between the seat rail and the seat itself that still allowed for the seat to be adjusted. Buy the tractor and figure it out when you get it home... It was no big deal.