Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ?

/ Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ? #1  

Alan0043

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC24D
Is there a shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ? I have had a TC24D w/ FEL ( 12LA ) on order since the middle of Sept. . I called the dealer on Nov.10th. and he told me the tractor arrived on Nov.7th with out the FEL. The dealer told me that he is waiting for the FEL to arrive. Has anyone seen any TC24D w/ FEL on any dealers lots ? Is there a shortage of FEL (12LA) ? I can't wait much longer. The snow is coming and I want to get familiar with the tractor before I have to plow snow.

/ Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ? #2  
Where did you but your tractor?
I bought my TC18 at Bishop Tractor in Edinburg, and they had a heck of a time finding a tractor, but he never gave up. He made lots of phone calls over a two week period. I'm sure your dealer could do the same and find one nearby that has one. The dealers are making trades on tractors all the time to get what their customers need.

I'll check what they have on their lot when I drive by there this afternoon on my way to work.

/ Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ?
AndyM,
I bought my tractor from the same dealer that you bought your tractor from. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ? #4  
Well I think it depends on the dealer. My local dealer and the dealer I bought from had no problems with the TC24 and 12la, but the dealer I bought from had a heck of a time finding a 756bh. The closes dealer did have one. It was about 6 or 8 weeks for the BH to come in. He did call all the surrounding dealers for one, but none had them. It seems to me that the closest dealer always has a bunch of loaders waiting out back as extra. At least everytime I am there I can see 4 or 5 loaders on pallets, but all the tractors already have one installed. It's a tought long wait. Hang in there.

/ Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ? #5  
When I bought my TC18, the dealer had no 12LA loaders in stock. He had 7 16LA loaders on pallets though. He ordered one from NH in PA and it arrived in about a week. Central Ohio-Northern Ohio from PA, not much difference in travel time for a truck.

/ Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ? #6  
Ask Steve what other options he has to get one in for you.
I know there has to be other avenues he can go through other than the normal ordering process-- I know there are several different contacts he called when he was trying to locate a TC18 for me, but you have to check in every once in a while to check their progress on it. When they get a little busy, they seem to get behind a little.

Hopefully, you'll have a loader on the way soon. While you're at it, talk my wife into letting me get one for mine! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. Next time you are up this way, stop on in! I'll show you my TC18. I'm about 5 miles east of Bishops. PM me for details

/ Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ? #7  
12la Loaders are very hard to come by at the moment. We where told all production in the pipes has been spoken for and orders are piling up for them. There does not seem to be an answer as to when they will be available. There are not many available in inventory on dealers lots either from what we looked up on the computer.

/ Shortage of TC24D w/ FEL ?
Thanks spencer200 for the help.

Andym, I was at Bishop Tractor the day that they delivered your TC18. I was in the lot looking at tractors when they loaded your tractor on to the truck. Nice looking tractor. I have talked to Steve several times about my tractor since I ordered it. I hope it shows up before Thanksgiving, that would be great.

I remember Steve telling the delivery guy that the person that the TC18 goes to lives 5 miles down the road. That is why I think I saw your tractor.

About that FEL you are wanting, I will put a good word into the big guy ( Santa Clause ) for you.

P.S. The next time I plan to be in Edinburg, I will send you a PM for directions.