Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch?

/ Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I have a small 6'x10' trailer that I was using to pick up an awkward piece of farm equipment. During unloading, I pushed down on the back of the trailer with my loader forks pretty hard and the result was I popped the trailer off of the ball upfront. It was snapped on tight so my question is, did I damage something in the hitch internals and should I replace the hitch? It's bolt-on and looks like this:

5bd8cd2c5603cab8d719bfd79a6c48bcc0c3eaba_71380010_71380010_image_71380010.jpg

What do you think?

/ Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch? #2  
I vote yes.

/ Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch? #3  
I have a small 6'x10' trailer that I was using to pick up an awkward piece of farm equipment. During unloading, I pushed down on the back of the trailer with my loader forks pretty hard and the result was I popped the trailer off of the ball upfront. It was snapped on tight so my question is, did I damage something in the hitch internals and should I replace the hitch? It's bolt-on and looks like this:

View attachment 705304

What do you think?
Don't you have an adjustment nut under it that you can tweak?

/ Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch?
Don't you have an adjustment nut under it that you can tweak?
I do, but, I snapped it off with maybe 5000 lbs of pressure. Surely, something would have been stressed?

/ Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch? #5  
Did you have a pin or bolt in the release leaver? It might have moved it enough to release it. And it should have a adjustment on the underneath side that you can change to tighten it.

/ Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch? #6  
I do, but, I snapped it off with maybe 5000 lbs of pressure. Surely, something would have been stressed?
I didn't see this until after I posted. I would be safe and get a new one.

/ Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch?
Why risk it when a new coupler is cheap?

Bruce
That's what I decided and getting new one in AM.
It never hurts to ask on these questions because others know or have experience with issues like this.

/ Should I replace my 2" trailer hitch? #10  
I have 5 trailers from 22' flat to 4x8. They all now have 2 5/16 hitches. Over kill I know but no more changing stingers. I vote replace it with one standard size.
I have that problem also. I have thought about changing mine also.