Should I say something

/ Should I say something #21  
You already did the right thing. Since you don’t know for sure, casting doubt for this guy will only provide anxiety and worry every time he bids a job or uses the tractor that this time the tractor will fail him. If it was fixed his sense of security is in tact. If it was not fixed and the tractor keeps on working he is way better off mentally. If it breaks down it is just life happening, nothing more.

/ Should I say something #22  
I'm with the let it go gang. Informing the current owner at this point will likely just cause him to worry about the future of the Kubota and create angst between him and the seller. Cross your fingers and hope that the dealer had enough integrity to correct any problems before selling it again.

/ Should I say something #23  
It's definately not on you but I would call the guy and at least find out what his deal was with the dealer you sold it to. If it were me I would want to know. Who knows, maybe he got a warranty with it. I know when I traded my tractor the dealer put the new buyer in touch with me and he bought a warranty with it so that a few things would be covered. If I'm selling a "parts" machine I can assure you the buyer won't be able to turn around and sell it as a running machine.

/ Should I say something #24  
Here’s my take - approaching this person who bought it has no upside.
1 It’s kind of creepy. You sold it. Let it go.
2 The new owner may be very well satisfied with his purchase. All you will accomplish is make trouble for him.

/ Should I say something #25  
Even though I feel the same way as the OP, I have to agree with the others when they say to leave it alone. I might actually loose a little sleep over it, if he was local I would probably keep on eye on what happens, but there really is nothing but bad that can come out of saying anything about a possible issue.

If I knew guy, if he's local to me, I might strike up a conversation with him if I found a chance, tell him I was glad that my old tractor found a good home and maybe let him talk about the deal he got, but I would say nothing about any potential issues. It might still seem creepy to approach him without a good reason, people can be funny that way.

/ Should I say something #26  
You sold that tractor to some kind of salvage/repair outfit, right? What did you think they were going to do with it? You didn't KNOW exactly what was wrong with the transmission, unless you caused the damage. Maybe it was easily fixed, maybe not. Either way, the tractor was evidently good enough that this new fella is using it, evidently with some success.

But that is none of your business at this point and you need to move on. Anything you do to raise doubts about that tractor sets you up for the salvage outfit to come after you like the opening night of Desert Storm for meddling in their private business affairs.

You wouldn't go around passing unflattering details about an old girlfriend to her new flame, would you? Maybe you REALLY liked that old tractor, but c'mon, man!

/ Should I say something
You sold that tractor to some kind of salvage/repair outfit, right? What did you think they were going to do with it? You didn't KNOW exactly what was wrong with the transmission, unless you caused the damage. Maybe it was easily fixed, maybe not. Either way, the tractor was evidently good enough that this new fella is using it, evidently with some success.

But that is none of your business at this point and you need to move on. Anything you do to raise doubts about that tractor sets you up for the salvage outfit to come after you like the opening night of Desert Storm for meddling in their private business affairs.

You wouldn't go around passing unflattering details about an old girlfriend to her new flame, would you? Maybe you REALLY liked that old tractor, but c'mon, man!
Thank you all for the replies. I will just leave it alone with the hope that the issue was repaired and the tractor run many more years.

/ Should I say something #28  
Read carefully the agreement, and all the fine print, when you sold it to the dealer. If the agreement says anything about contacting a future owner I would be very careful.

I say let it go.

/ Should I say something #29  
I would take a middle route. Tell him you are the old owner and are curious how it is holding up. That's certainly reasonable. No need to tell him your fears - but you may have information he could use.

Frankly, I like to hear from people who buy machines that I have owned. It's nice to compare notes and see how they are doing with the old iron. I don't think that people do that enough.

If I see an old machine of ours I go out of my way to offer to help with advice or information and always have.
Yes, I used to have a repair shop.

That's how I'd like to be treated so I treat people the same way.
rScotty

/ Should I say something #30  
I just traded a compact tractor for a new machine. I had told the dealer everything I knew to be wrong with it. A friend who works at the shop has now told me that it went out to auction, as there was more wrong than I'd thought. I feel a bit guilty; but am assured by the dealership that they still made money and anyone buying at auction understands the pig in a poke situation they're getting into.