Show us your filter magnets please.

/ Show us your filter magnets please. #12  
Thanks Rick, I see the where they placed them now.
I have a strong earth magnet next to the drain plug on our tractors
Thank You Kindly:)

/ Show us your filter magnets please. #13  
Thanks Rick, I see the where they placed them now.
I have a strong earth magnet next to the drain plug on our tractors
Thank You Kindly:)
Usually one in the strainer as well.

/ Show us your filter magnets please.
Thanks for your responses!! I can see that perhaps my filter is not as bad as I thought. If I buy new equipment again I will change the filter after 50 hours regardless of what the manual says.

/ Show us your filter magnets please. #15  
My 1986 M5030DT Kubota had a permanent magnet stem in the hydraulic filter. Clean when changing filter. Helped monitor if having a problem. Also had a differential hydraulic filter warning light on dash. Wished my newer tractors had these features.

Is anyone sticking a magnet to the filter housing? I have done than on a few filters and gearboxes. Noticed that practice on industrial equipment needing to run 24/7 for decades.

/ Show us your filter magnets please.
My 1986 M5030DT Kubota had a permanent magnet stem in the hydraulic filter. Clean when changing filter. Helped monitor if having a problem. Also had a differential hydraulic filter warning light on dash. Wished my newer tractors had these features.

Is anyone sticking a magnet to the filter housing? I have done than on a few filters and gearboxes. Noticed that practice on industrial equipment needing to run 24/7 for decades.
Sounds like a good idea as long as the magnet is in a place it can be cleaned or replaced and does not fall off. Otherwise it's a situation of capture and release.

/ Show us your filter magnets please. #17  
Sounds like a good idea as long as the magnet is in a place it can be cleaned or replaced and does not fall off. Otherwise it's a situation of capture and release.
I put a magnet on the outside and then make it stick with electrical tape.
IDK if it makes a difference but it only costs a foot or so of tape.

/ Show us your filter magnets please. #18  
I changed everything at 50 hours on my M6040. No pictures. The oil filter - nothing. The two hydraulic filters - a few tiny, shiny chunks on each donut magnet.

/ Show us your filter magnets please. #19  
I guess I don't get all the fuss about filter magnets. The filter media will catch far more than any magnet in any location ever will.