Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS!

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #21  
View attachment 454585
My dog Pica is loving it, she is a Norwegian Elkhound.

The next dog we are getting we are going back to Elkhounds - they are the best. Our little female gave us lots of good memories. Like our lab mix we have now but he is not an Elkhound - beautiful as well as being wonderful dogs! Your photo brings back memories of how they loved the snow - we had a hard time getting her inside when there was fresh snow!

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #22  
BTW. The weather here was perfect today - high 20s and sunny so we did not have the mess of thawing but a great day to be outside. We have less than an inch on the ground but that came a few days ago. Nothing recent.

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #23  
The next dog we are getting we are going back to Elkhounds - they are the best. Our little female gave us lots of good memories. Like our lab mix we have now but he is not an Elkhound - beautiful as well as being wonderful dogs! Your photo brings back memories of how they loved the snow - we had a hard time getting her inside when there was fresh snow!

They really are great dogs. Was good to see her happy running around in the snow with the kids. She is one tired pup tonight, she's falling asleep with her head in my hand.

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #24  
They really are great dogs. Was good to see her happy running around in the snow with the kids. She is one tired pup tonight, she's falling asleep with her head in my hand.

Where's her sled and whiskey barrel? She looks ready to pull something!:thumbsup:

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #25  
Here in Northern Central Maryland, we've been blasted by 23" as I write this, with another 5-8" forecast before daylight tomorrow. I've been out three times, but the winds and drifts are causing trouble. Only my neighbor and his Deere 5055E has saved my bacon, using his big loader bucket, removing the high piles of snow on the sides, leaving just enough for me to plow where our lane is boxed in by banks and trees. I have chains (never installed, will need some fitting) for my front tires, and now I am wishing I had put them on. Slow learner, I guess. I am just a bit worried about damaging something in the drive line.

View attachment 454679

That pic is a good decision maker for those who are considering a cabbed tractor or not.:p

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #26  
Can't seem to post pictures - I select a picture from my computer, the click "upload" and nothing happens. Maybe a size limit on the uploads?

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #27  
4 inches of snow is not worth taking a picture of. So, no pictures from me.

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #28  
In Northern Va we got 24-30 inches with drifting. Had about a 4 foot drift in front of the garage.

IMG_5068a.jpg

IMG_5071a.jpg

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #29  
The canopy of this pine got iced up and crashed down on my porch roof...broke some rafters and the beam and trashed some metal roof panels...it could have been a lot worse...
...The yard birds (regular raking crew) got the day off with the snow...!

MVC-002F.JPG

/ Show your 1/23-24/16 snowstorm PICS! #30  
Friday at 3pm:
IMG_0050.png

Saturday at 11am:
IMG_0101.png

Sunday morning:

The driveway is under there somewhere:
IMG_0191.png

Digging down hill:
IMG_0207.png

One scoop at a time: