Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo

/ Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo #11  
That's a great recipe but we generally prefer medium shrimp in our gumbo or ettouffee and to make it really outstanding we make it with half shrimp and half crawfish tails and we always use sweet onions.

/ Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo #12  
Sounds delicious. I never quite got my gumbo to taste like I would get in New Orleans.

But, I did master Jambalaya with Creole sauce, thanks to the cookbook I bought when I ate at Paul Prudome's restaurant. :thumbsup:

I sure miss being able to eat spicy food. :(

/ Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
I'll definitely try it with a mix of crawfish tails! What are your sweet onions? Vidalia?

/ Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo #15  
:thumbsup: Appreciate the recipe and photos. We love Shrimp Gumbo but never tried it with sausage. I printed the recipe and photos and gave them to my wife. She put them on her to-do list!

It took a couple weeks to order the ingredients but wife made the Sausage Gumbo per the recipe. It was rather bland so she added some diced tomatoes and that did the trick ... delicious! :licking:

/ Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo #17  
Thanks Pat for startin thread and sharing the recipe . Gonna pass that list on to my housekeeper and have her cook a batch of that :D . BTW her two sisters from are from Louisiana one from Sulphur the other from Denham Springs . Here's a little tune to go with them good eats !

Jambalaya (On the Bayou) - YouTube

/ Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo #18  
It took a couple weeks to order the ingredients but wife made the Sausage Gumbo per the recipe. It was rather bland so she added some diced tomatoes and that did the trick ... delicious! :licking:

The original recipe looks pretty good. I don't usually mix sausage with seafood in a gumbo, but it's done very often with chicken.

And.....no self respecting cajun would put tomatoes in a gumbo.